In-game Photography

Here's more recent shots of Dishonored, but I used a different kind of bloom and sharpened the scenery a little bit in Reshade 2.0.

(I like this scene in particular but character movement and objects in the way prevented me to really distill the right angle so there's a couple of shots of this scene in various angles.)

More of my recent Dishonored shoots, the first two may look like common shots from press and marketing but they're great view so I took it myself anyway.

(I couldn't quite get the timing with the confetti pop and NPC clearing out the shot).

I tried to do a Sistine Chapel Ceiling effect here but I'm not sure if it was effective because of the hallway bridge on the 2nd floor. I tried other angles but they're not as good as this angle I feel.

1 Like

2 Likes

@Cerimania
Nice 😎, all he needed was a sunglass.

1 Like

haha I know, I wont tell you how much prep went into setting up the shot ;)

1 Like

I think I'm nearing the end of the Dishonored so I thought I'd go 4k on my last shoots.

(ver.1)

(He looks like he's posing for an alternative band album cover.)

(ver.2)

1 Like

Skyrim

uGridsToLoad= 15

Bf4 (Reshade)

more here

1 Like

I think you may just have the sickest Skyrim mod put together.

I love this in particular. However, I'm curious what it would've look like if the Sun was peaking behind the mountain instead.

I love the diorama effect made by the depth of field. Perhaps you could do more of this shots. If it's not too much to ask.

1 Like

If you mean something like this

Then you won't be able to achieve that, as that is a portrait shot. In games, you're constrained to landscape. The only way you could do it is with a composite: cropping and stitching all the frames together to make a portrait shot...or if you have a monitor that can, reorient it into portrait mode.

1 Like

1 Like

Besides freedom of camera movement, a lot of these visual effects they've shown can be done in SweetFX, or Reshade 2.0, to a greater extent too. What they need to bring fort are real camera controls such as aperture, ISO, and shutter speed. Maybe even lenses. I'm sure these can be simulated in the game. However, I do tip my hat to Nvidia owners that get to enjoy this.

1 Like

I'm quite fine with being constrained to whatever a game offers me, even though I'm knowledgeable in photography and on occasion, wanting more control. It's good for a beginner, because it forces them to focus on composition. However, anyone more advanced will want to have more tools at their disposal eventually, and for them, this will be amazing. Now AMD needs to get cracking on their own version. Maybe they'll call theirs Decisive Moment.

1 Like

in before marketing - nVidia will soon release an in-game video taker named (g)retal

I dug up some of my old modded Skyrim shots.

Perhaps a little bit more of tweaking in the ENB or another ENB entirely could've made the fire particle stand out more. I know the ENB Logan used to recommend made the fire really glow. I was also pretty annoyed at the fact that the stream wasn't coming straight out of the hand. Perhaps I should've considered particle mods more as I was more focused on textures and lighting at that time.

I remember loving this shot in particular but I couldn't avoid her feet from clipping into the ground which I remember annoying me so much.

I love this part of Skyrim, besides the crabs triggering the intensified music to queue you that there's an enemy near by, it was a relatively peaceful river that lead to a waterfall.

Some of my better nature shots. In retrospect I should've experimented more with FOV, and I think this one could've really benefited with a wider FOV. Also, maybe I should've really experimented with more angles for this scene because I really wanted to capture the dampness of this swamp, perhaps the camera closer to water level.

This scene really comes to life with the weather system enhanced with weather mod. The rain drops looked like piercing ice when frozen still in a shot which adds to the cold atmosphere.

Again, same gripes as the first shot 🔝, I think the frost particle being less of a volumetric fog and more of a sprite effect is probably the reason why it cloaks so much of the fire.

Some Dirt: Showdown, GTA V, Far Cry 2 and Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead

1 Like

@fuzzydicesuffice
Nice shots, I highly recommend experimenting with effects too using Reshade 2.0. I'd love to see what you can come up with. I think Far Cry 2's monotone color pallet is ripe for experimenting, like Bloom by Ganossa, and Monochrome/Dither/ColorMatrix by CeeJay could really make for interesting scenes in that game.

Thanks, yours too! Reshade sounds interesting, I'll give it a look, never heard of it before this thread.

1 Like

Basics of Reshade 2.0, there's been many iterations of it but this one is the latest and most comprenshive version so far.
edit:
@fuzzydicesuffice
This one is a better and up to date tutorial.

I'm about to get irrelevant on yo ass with a game from a long forgotten past.

@DeusQain

3 Likes