In A Rut With Gaming

for a hobby try programming (i saw the post) but linus tek tips has a good post/ tutorial / series for code http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/63638-java-programming-tutorials/

As with most of the comments above I agree and say take a break for about a month. After that do some couch multiplayer. That's what I do when I get in a rut, granted I still enjoy games as much as I did when I was little and find them to be great reliefs but some times just not trying to play games have you come back at a later date saying hey let me try this.

World of Warcraft broke me. It just got boring after Ulduar and after hardcore raiding for so long I just burnt out. I still buy the xpacs and level my toons but after a few months I get bored again.

I play a bit of Skyrim and Civ V occasionally now and sometimes if I see a cheap game on steam I grab it and play it for a few days. I've been checking out ESO but it lost it's sense of adventure that I felt their previous games had and they have over complicated things that worked fine like crafting

Mostly in my spare time I watch movies and TV shows online. I have also been teaching myself web design and the Adobe master suite, which is fun and may lead to a career change.

Yup, it's an up down rollercoaster. You're much more likely to feel this way after spending money on a PC. Because what follows is "ugh, I could have bought so many other things!".

Anyway, I have bought a few games, recently. Can't get off them now.