Improving programming skills and work on project “org-software” - Devember challenge

What’s wrong with IDEs?

They are slightly better than IEDs

1 Like

I mean sure there are plenty bad ones, but also plenty good ones. Can you actually answer the question?

Bloated, slow, and hide shit from ya. I’ll pass.

You’re overgeneralizing.

1 Like

Day 5 | Devember dev log statement 6

I think the fingerprinting of files is going to work :thinking: don’t want to jinx it though, my code somehow broke on my way home and the only idiot working on it is me.

I’ll try to get it to work to have at least one functional part. I can’t promise if I can write an update today though. The weekend is coming, so there is hope.

3 Likes

Day 6 |

This weekend is tight with family related events. I read up on how to write tests and other stuffs during train and bus rides but programming and writing good updates is hard from my phone and I was only at home for cooking. A good update will follow at monday the latest.

3 Likes

short follow up: somehow I can’t get the finger printing to work for arbitrary files but I went a bit too far down a rabbit hole here anyway. :thinking:

Yeah, uhmm … life happened. Sorry about that.

Studying, family and bureaucracy consume a lot of time right now. I am reading through the python docs on my train and bus rides but there is rarely space enough to get my laptop out to start programming and the rest of my time is kind of gone in a puff of smoke.

I will continue with the project, it’s just not quite in the spirit of Devember any more because I mostly get done reading and research in the bus and not a lot of programming.

I linked it further up but this is my inspiration for the program right now:

The most valuable thing I am learning in this challenge is reading other peoples code. TMSU is written in Go not Python but I try to understand the underlying functions.

3 Likes

With exams and pre Christmas family obligations I could not make the time any more. (I was afraid this would happen but family and uni has priority )
Hopefully I’ll have an update for you tomorrow.

4 Likes