Image Creation Software (other than SCCM)

I'm attempting to create an image from a device with very specific software on it which is very hard to re-install and configure correctly; This is a Windows 7 machine.

I have backups of the device, but my concern is on the hardware end. I can create a backup just fine, but what happens when I want to build a new model device with this backup? (example: from OptiPlex 745 to Optiplex 7040)

I'm looking for software that functions similar than System Center 2012, whereas when you're imaging a device, it looks at what model it is, installs the correct driver package and then installs any additional software you've select in the task sequence.

Anyone have any ideas for which software may provide this type of functionality on a Windows 10/7 workstation?

SSCM is it. I would recommend figuring out a workaround for that application, not the entire workflow.

The alternatives are all of the horrible byte-per-byte based copiers available with the associated levels of broken-ness they entail. A quick google search should be enough to find them.

Actually, I would recommend looking into VMWare thinapps. That can capture the application's configuration exactly.

There is also this registry hack that may or may not allow some images to get transfered without syspreping the image that I cannot seem to find atm, but that is more of a hack than something usable for production.

If you have say... all the time in the world to figure out what that application needs, another alternative is to use scripting technologies like batch, powershell and AutoIT to deeply customize how exactly it gets configured on each fresh install. Throw enough time and testing looking into learning scripting and figuring out how that App works and eventually (in two weeks to a month or so) you will have a file that you could double click and install and configure that specific application correctly such that it integrates with SCCM.

imagex and dism (winPE environment)