Im tired of my console but ive never built a computer in my life

The m33b build imo.
They're almost identical in price when you factor a mouse/keyboard into m33b's build and the hardware is much better for the price...especially since you want to be able to play current gen games.

You can do quite a bit better for $1000 than what iku listed in terms of gaming performance per dollar.

My recommendation for $1000 Intel build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2yMwS 

You don't need the K processor, I added better ram (dual channel), much less expensive but still very good motherboard, 120GB SSD plus 1TB HDD, little bit better PSU, and a MUCH more powerful GTX 770 graphics card.

This setup will run anything you can throw at it for years. 

Just for kicks, here's a $1000 AMD alternative build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2yMLh Everything is the same except the CPU and motherboard. Also added a CPU cooler in this build because the stock AMD coolers are not so great. 

Go with m33b's build, but swap out the 750K for the 760K CPU. It has higher clock speeds and some architectural differences/optimizations that make it definitely worth the extra $10 over the 750K.

Care to explain how your build is better opposed to the others?

You made a bold statement telling the OP he can do better than previously suggested without adding any information as to how your recommendation is the best?

Not saying you're right or wrong, but without any identifiable points you're going to have a difficult time convincing anyone.

guys im probably not going with any of these 1000$ builds so dont worry about that plus seems like amd is the more proficient company to go with 

Here is the build I would go with. Maybe an after market heat sink. But it can wait. Sorry I'm a little over your budget. 

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2yNQY

The incompatibility warning is bogus. This board will work with this processor. I have used it on this board myself. Also the hard drive is a advanced format drive. So it takes a extra step after installing in windows 7. But works great afterward.

Any questions other questions just ask. 

Oh and I forgot to say. I used the crucial ram because it is on sale on amazon for 77 bucks. And has clean timings. 

I never claimed it was better than ALL the other suggested builds. I said; "You can do quite a bit better for $1000 than what iku listed." referring to post #13, where iku provided a link to a $1000 build. I was responding to that post specifically and showed that you could build a much stronger performing gaming PC for that kind of money. I did explain how my build was better. Perhaps you should go back and read it again? 

In case it wasn't clear; significant savings on the CPU and motherboard but still has nearly the same level of performance/features, use better/faster dual channel RAM (instead of a single stick), better quality PSU, more storage on both the SSD and HDD, and most importantly a much stronger GPU. That's how it's better than the build listed in post #13.

Unfortunately in the time it took me to type up my reply and piece together both those builds, others had replied with more builds. Builds which I had not yet seen. Regardless, I did specify which build I was referring to in my reply so as to avoid confusion. ;)

Water under the bridge anyways. After I posted my reply I realized the OP set a budget closer to $600, in which case I believe the build m33b posted, (with a 760K instead), would be the best choice at this price point.

This is a much better post! Ha! I noticed he dropped his price point and went on an exhaustive post only to be confronted with an error during the submission. I won't be replicating it that's for sure, and everyone will just have to take me at my word. Ha.. But thanks for your response, I'll shall cherish it for hours.

In case it wasn't clear; significant savings on the CPU and motherboard but still has nearly the same level of performance/features, use better/faster dual channel RAM (instead of a single stick), better quality PSU, more storage on both the SSD and HDD, and most importantly a much stronger GPU.

not really.

as a student myself, honestly, the only good student discount i'm getting is 1/2 price amazon prime.

students really don't get many benefits, we just get shafted with debt, for the most part. mostly, the discounts are few, and often negligible.

I actually bought the upgrade edition of win8 pro off ebay for $60, and just used the key on an unactivated install that I ...obtained ...

I forgot to mention that I didn't include a CDROM drive.  You can always install the operating system with a USB flash drive, but if you would rather just install Windows from the discs, then you also may need to pick up a cheap CD drive.  You should be able to find one for around $15.

why would you go with a gtx 660ti..... you can get the gtx 760 for cheaper and it performs better....

Youtube search Carey Holzman for great how to build pc videos

I am willing to pay almost anything under a grand but the more south of that the better i just want to be able to run new games like eso and battlefield at medium graphics

Have you considered an APU system?  You can build one for a lower starting budget then just add a GPU later, Graduation gift perhaps? Here's a starting APU build 

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2zjmV   added an optical drive, keyboard and mouse. in case you don't have one.  and I went with windows 7 pure personal preference tried windows 8, hated it a tablet OS doesn't work for "traditional" computers but as i said just my personal preference. edit the price of ram shot way up from the time i posted it just look for a dependible RAM manufactuer with the best price.

Will it play BF4, yes but low-medium settings   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CClxZi0Tjo

Linus recently did a video on APU builds lot of good information  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlCqYyAQEw

One last bit of advice that I'll give you is don't be in a rush to get this built.  the more time you spend researching and learning about building your system and what all the parts do. The happier you will be with the rig you finally build. 

Or wait 3 days for Kaveri APUs to hit the market. and get much faster ram, 2400-2600mhz is getting cheaper and greatly increases APU performance.