Im Out Of Metal Bands

Well After 6 months i'm out of Metal/Hard Rock. I usually listen to bands such as Five Finger Death Punch, All that Remains, Amon Amarth, Elluveite (Sorry about spelling). Do you have any recommendations for me. Just two requests; no Gore Grind, and if anyone says Black Veil Brides i will find you...   

FYI- I am sort of new to the whole metal thing, i grew up on bands like rammstein and basically anything you would find on a hard rock- classic rock station and i realised i really really like hard instrumentals and a switch between hard and soft vocals, which drove me to metal and i am so glad i did.

Sylosis
Revocation
Death <---- listen now
Immortal
Children of bodom 

I was in your exact same spot not too long back. Here is what I ended up moving toward

• Children of Bodom - Was a little harsh at first but you enjoy it more each time you listen to it
  • Scar Symmetry - Mix of both hard rock and metal, bit easier to listen to
  • Carach Angren - I was just introduced to this band, its black metal but I find it easier to listen to than most other black metal bands
  • Ensiferum - You said you liked Elluviete and these guys are a bit similar
  • Dethklok - A bit silly, but fun to listen to. Vocals are deep but not harsh

Let me know if any of these tickle your fancy. 

1 Like

I really did like most of them, but i'm still working on Carach Angren. Thank you so much for your help.

Year of No Light - start with the Ausserwelt album

Opeth - start with Blackwater Park

Katatonia - try Kocytean

Year of No Light is Amazing, thank you so much for showing me this.

Can you tell me what genres you like the best? I personally like melodeath and techdeath the best, so that is what I am going to list.

Be'lakor, Omnium Gatherum, Insomnium, Ne Obliviscaris, Ensiferum.

The Faceless, Hour of Penance, Fleshgod Apocalypse, Dying Fetus, Rotting Christ, Hypocrisy, Obscura, Necrophagist

Others of interest include Swallow The Sun, Gojira, Manowar, Sulphur Aeon, Septicflesh, Deafheaven, Cain's Offering.

Glad you like them!  Listen to Persephone if you havent yet!

Also just fyi the Ausserwelt album is their only instrumental album so far - all their previous work had a singer but they changed their focus and went with instrumental stuff.  2 drummers, 1 bass and 3 guitarists aint half bad!

+1 for Gojira, love their work.

Also maybe have a look at Tesseract and Animals as Leaders

Ok wait a minute, you are new to metal and yet you are "out of bands"???!  How can this be in the information age?  Short of posting about 1meeeelion youtube videos, there's a great thread below that includes multiple genres/sub-genres of metal that may help you out:

https://teksyndicate.com/forum/metal/unofficial-metal-recommendation-thread-are-you-looking-metal/189388

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4kCyXLwhN0

Might be a little bit hard for what seems to be your taste but I am hopeful I can bring you to the dark side

I personally like melodeath a lot, so I am obligated to suggest bands like Be'lakor, Omnium Gatherum, and Insomnium.

Then there is my second favorite subgenre - techdeath which leads us to bands like Hour of Penance, Fleshgod Apocalypse, Obscura, and the Faceless.

I am a fan of some progressive metal as well such as Gojira and Katatonia.

Then some of the stuff that I can't easily classify Deafheaven, Animals as Leaders, and Anaal Nathrakh.

Then there is my favorite band, Ne Obliviscaris.

All of those melodeath recommendations are spot on. I give em a +1

Wow, so I just realized that I commented in this thread earlier and basically recommended the same bands. At least I'm consistent.

here is about 213,015 bands

Aww, you're so cute and literal!

Slechtvalk is awesome...

Listen to The Dillinger Escape Plan. It's awesome!

Klabautamann. Gorgoroth. Wardruna. Mastodon. Powerwolf.