Here is what I'd consider for a lot less and still have good performance:
[PCPartPicker part list](http://pcpartpicker.com/p/10nRm) / [Price breakdown by merchant](http://pcpartpicker.com/p/10nRm/by_merchant/) / [Benchmarks](http://pcpartpicker.com/p/10nRm/benchmarks/)
**CPU** | [AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/amd-cpu-fd8350frhkbox) | $189.99 @ NCIX US
**CPU Cooler** | [Xigmatek Dark Knight II SD1283 Night Hawk Edition 89.5 CFM CPU Cooler](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/xigmatek-cpu-cooler-darkknightiisd1283nighthawkedition) | $49.99 @ Amazon
**Motherboard** | [Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-motherboard-m5a99fxpror20) | $134.99 @ Newegg
**Memory** | [G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/gskill-memory-f31866c9d8gab) | $61.20 @ Newegg
**Storage** | [Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB 2.5" Solid State Disk](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/samsung-internal-hard-drive-mz7pd256bw) | $219.99 @ NCIX US
**Storage** | [Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/western-digital-internal-hard-drive-wd10ezex) | $62.99 @ NCIX US
**Video Card** | [Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB Video Card](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/sapphire-video-card-100351sr) | $403.98 @ Newegg
**Case** | [Corsair 300R ATX Mid Tower Case](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-case-300r) | $59.99 @ Newegg
**Power Supply** | [XFX 650W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/xfx-power-supply-p1650snlb9) | $59.99 @ NCIX US
| Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available. | $1243.11
| Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-05-27 06:37 EDT-0400 |
* CPU is on an aging, but not dead socket (Intel's socket 1155 is dead - Haswell out next month on a new socket 1150, so no more upgrades on socket 1155).
* CPU HSF is one of the better ones to get for the $.
* Mobo is solid and has all that you would need. Supports 2 x front USB 3.0 ports for cases.
* RAM is fast and has LOW PROFILE heat spreaders, so you can fit just about any aftermarket CPU HSF.
* SSD is probably one of the best you can get now and is of good size so you could fit some games and apps without worrying too much.
* GPU is good and doesn't break the bank.
* Case supports large GPU's and still has room to grow. Also has 2 x front USB 3.0 ports.
* PSU can easily handle any single GPU out on the market. Comes w/5 yr. warranty too!