I'm getting the Star Citizen itch again

Well, it's quite the effort and facade to be a crime. And another very insanely dismal picture painted. The last two sentences and stuff about EVE didn't make a lick of sense to me.

But anyway. Just saw BoredGamer's new video. And WTF?! SQ42 will be EPISODIC? So we're not just getting a singleplayer game?

WHAT?!

This is nothing new

1 Like

Regardless. What's SQ42, then? It's episodic, but it's a singleplayer campaign? wtf? I thought they would just release it, one and done.

I guess I would probably be considered one of the original backers. My account says I joined in October 2012. I remember following the progress fairly closely for the first couple years, then it just sort of fell off my radar. I haven't really thought about it in over a year, probably pushing two. The last time I actually played it all I could do was run around my ship in a hanger.

Personally it doesn't bother me that the game is still being developed. It was like 60 bucks five years ago. Not a big deal. When it is finally done, I'm sure it'll be a cool game, and I will probably play it. They have enough money right now to do amazing things. They just need to focus on the game and stop adding features.

Maybe I'll catch up on the development, if only because I am curious now. I know there are many, many people that are pretty butthurt because they have invested a lot more money into the game and have fuck-all to show for it. That would piss me off for sure. I'm glad I only tossed 60 bucks at it at the beginning.

1 Like

In Buddhism it is said that the source of all suffering is attachment.

I am no longer attached to the money I dropped on SC early on. I have achieved nirvana.

1 Like

So 3.0 is getting closer. But iā€™m still bothered by the fact that itā€™s still Alpha. Which is insane. And i heard that you wont be able to buy new ships in the game without real money? WHAT!? I think thatā€™s the nail in the coffin for meā€¦

And Elite: Dangerous always comes to mind. But that game couldnā€™t have had shittier timing. I mean. Itā€™s so incomplete. And i was hoping i could play it until Star Citizen is worth playing. E:D Director says walking around is still a long way ahead. Sooooā€¦ it seems at this point E:D Isnā€™t even an option. Iā€™m not interested in monotonous dog fighting spaceships. I want a game with content.

Even if you could buy it with in game credits do you really think that you will be able to acquire them in a short amount of time? With the way that vehicles are treated for this game it outta be like saving up for a car like IRL.
So itā€™d probably take a lot of grinding which to most backers that only play immediately after an update comes out and then go back to not playing because you know its not the full game yet it will just take too long so theyā€™d wind up buying credits.

non issue

1 Like

So far in the test environment there hasnā€™t been any reason to incorporate that, though you can rent any flight ready ship for in-game currency to try them out.
The completetd game will have a full economy, thereā€™s never been any confusion on that matter. If the price seems too steep, you could always steal a shipā€¦ :rocket:

1 Like

Total blanket statement. I had that in mind from the moment i knew that this game would be an MMO. I played EVE Online for fuckā€™s sake. I think i know that things in these kinds of games takes time. And itā€™s totally irrelevant. One day, one month. Half a year? Who gives a shit. Iā€™m looking at how 3.0 is a viable option for tiding oneself over until the game is fully released.

@mkk

I thought thatā€™s what 3.0 was introducing. Parts of the PU. An economy. And what exactly do you mean by steal a ship? From another player? Wouldnā€™t that be griefing?

Most ships in the final game are meant to be NPC owned, and the theft of a player ship would be covered by the standard insurance. But the game is certainly meant to have the aspects of permanent loss and character death in it, even if there will be significant cushions and safeguards in place. Just as most known parts of space will be patrolled by the human confederacy and dotted with sensor nets. If a player pirate is content with mostly flying his price catch in unregulated space (which might include dodging pesky bounty hunters), that player might well be able to pilot something that most can merely dream of.

Buying ships should come in 3.-something. But there will be server wipes throughout the alpha stages, to test various models of economy and other systems.

You should get that checked by a doctor.

was gonna mention this but I didnā€™t, alpha to beta the pu gets nuked but beta to release it doesnā€™t

at least that was the plan however many years ago