I'm getting the Star Citizen itch again

The income has been almost entirely backer funding. Once income falls to a certain level the project is no longer viable and Chris Roberts heads for the Caymans.

New AtV is up:

Yeah, 3.0 is massive...

4 Likes

When they showed off the ship interior and he hammered down the throttle. Then the gatling gun firing. I think i shat myself.

2 Likes

oo shit cr is on this one

I shat myself when they mentioned the hidden illegal drug labs on one of the moons lol.

I like the way he explains things, like in the old Ten for the Chairman videos. Wish he would explain more of the updates in the AtV videos

Are you thinking what i'm thinking? An NPC is going to be in that drug lab... and he may be part of a mission.

And now they really need to work on mathematical perfection. They really need to work on optimization. Because it doesn't help a little. It helps a LOT. So much that it changes system requirements altogether.

2 Likes

Im also really excited for the derelict ships too, they look so badass with the weathering effects. Also being a HOTAS w/ pedals pilot, I really hope the flight model got a lot of love and im beyond stoked for transitioning into atmospheric flight and doing some canyon runs.

2 Likes

Can't wait for landing on the moon's. Hope atmospheric flight for a RSI Constellation goes well since ships that more like airplane will have an easier time flying

Have you tried dual stick HOSAS? Using a Logitech 3D Extreme (Right Hand) with a Thrustmaster T16000m (Left Hand)

I use 2 T16000M's along with a voice attack profile.

I've been messing around with voice attack with the ASTRA HCS Voice Pack since it works with both ED and SC.

Naw, I prefer traditional flying, I even yaw on my pedals.

Should be using Enzyte instead of ASTRA HCS. Also @Ace2020boyd get back on the Minecraft server and get to work, slave.

Back on topic:

The only thing that concerns me with Star Citizen is how griefing is going to be handled. Everytime I leave a security zone am I going to be shot down by a group of players as pirates and bandits? I'm just going to be a space trucker after all.

Pirate I believe won't just shoot you down. If they blow up the ship the goods are gone same with bandits.

1 Like

I know i shouldn't venture there, but i look at anything and everything SC. Apparently, the SC devs have a very different release schedule than the one given to the public. With the game release stretching all the way to 2021?! 2021?!

And that there aren't actually enough network resources to deploy 3.0

?

I am patiently waiting for beta and or release of the game.

I've come to terms that it will take a long time to develop this game and I'm ok with that. I still fire it up every few months to see how my baby the avenger & Vanguard are doing....

In the meantime I've been playing other games, Rocket League, Overwatch, Minecraft, Robo Recall to name a few.

If you're looking for something to scratch the itch with another space sim game I HIGHLY recommend picking up EVERSPACE. It's a roguelite space shooter with full 6DoF controls and game mechanics/progression built like FTL: Faster Than Light.

Will income reach last year's level?
Remember that CR has divulged last winter that SQ42 was not even Alpha yet.
The Backers have a big nut to carry with the current expenses:

Just an FYI to everyone here who actually has access to the game. Please post back here once 3.0 launches. I wanna know what it's like.

2 Likes

"What' it's like?" is a broad topic and is based on the player's expectations of the project and their own personal preferences. As critical as I have been of the actions of this company, I bought into this Demo after having experienced an exciting random 3-way firefight when somebody tried to steal our Constellation. This ship which my buddy bought as a concept ship and was flying for the first time, is just amazing to walk around in. It was at that moment I decided to purchase a game package with upgraded ship. I've had a lot of fun with this, but believe the project is doomed to run out of income and that CR will walk away very wealthy.
But see, I'm one of those people who enjoy beta-testing, and I have enjoyed having fun with making my own content with what broken and ill-designed mechanics there are. Even if 3.0 runs buttery smooth for a mid-range PC specs and looks like the LAN Demo shown, if it cannot handle more than 16 players in the servers before the framerate drops to zero, it will be a fail at this juncture of development.

Broad topic? Not really. No need to make it grandiose and more important than it actually is. I wanna know what it's generally like playing once 3.0 comes out. Regardless of what is known about it now before release.

Well, their network engineers have been working to make sure such a massive game can work with many players playing it at the same time. So you think they're going to just not be able to make the game work and walk away with everyone's money. With Chris Roberts writing an open apology letter? LOL, that doesn't sound DISMAL AS FUCK. Considering i literally run into people on Steam who say things like "i've been waiting for this game my whole life". For them to actually generate so much hype and take on such an ambitious project with so much passion, and then to just walk away with everyone's money seems not only dismal as hell, but so powerfully dispiriting and disheartening. Because if i have to turn back to EVE Online, please send me a nice, strong rope by mail. I'll need it.

I know some fans of the project concept including some who work in the industry who think the goal was always about building a 3rd Party game development studio and generating paychecks,
With so many offices and employees, once Backer income falls to the level where expenses can no longer be met, the project becomes nonviable and CR can legally shut down the company. It is the perfect crime.
Eve communities like GOONSWARM saw this as a game to make real money transactions, but you will see Mittens denounce it when this Ponzi scheme ala Bernie Madoff is over.

1 Like