I'm getting the Star Citizen itch again

Your interwebs need to git gud

Ye.. but i need to change my home phone number, they said. And they'll do it without any additional fees or increase in payments.

jesus bloody christ, not again. we've done SC threads. they end up being shitholes because people rush to trot out the marketing data and graphs of game development times, and when that inevitably fails, they start actively shitting on any sign of excitement or hope for the game's future.

it's fucking exhausting.

2 Likes

lol pretty strong opinion. I imagine you will be playing SC with a lot of corn-ship-eating fat fucks (see what I did there?).

Do you get a ship when you just buy the base game? I bought my Freelancer a while back so idk how it works now.

There are no opinions...

And idk. I haven't pulled the trigger on the game at all yet.

@Goblin

Scroll up. Scroll down. Relax.

Star Citizen will most likely not finish in the form they promised.
The fact that they have branched off into side-games shows the lack of focus and/or how far off in the distance their main goal is. Everybody should think VERY carefully about buying a game before it's finished. We are all guilty of it but the more we do it, the more games will grab up all the "hype-moneys" and never finish the game.

Am I helping? lol

It's a very valid point. I can't disagree with anything. It's very rational. What i keep stressing is how easy the appeal of the game is. It's what people want. I've heard people say it's literally the game they've been waiting for their whole lives. It's so easy to understand. But yeah... hype - more to the point, sensationalism. Is cancer. And the people affected by it become so delusional it's fucking frightening. And i say that in all seriousness. Fanboys are fucked in the head. 4 real... I literally believe it's a form of brainwashing. When all logic doesn't register with these people.. something is very, very wrong. Just take a look at EVE Online's "fans".

i'm for not discussing the topic at all, myself. since people have shown in the past SC threads and even the Quake Champions thread that they're completely incapable of discussing the topic at hand without purposely descending into jabs and snipes at those who are either invested in or just casually interested in said games. so i'm just going to mute all threads relating to them so i don't have to witness the forthcoming dumpster fires.

2 Likes

@Goblin Well how about this? Because i want as much input as possible. We all decide to get one of the moderators the unfuck the situation if people start causing drama? Mkay? Ok. Ok...

Because really, i'm just curious about the game, as you can see with certain questions; such as retail copies, if the game is to be separate from S42, if i'll have grandchildren by the time it comes out, etc. etc.

lmao optical

1 Like

Yes. Did that surprise you or something? I've mentioned i like buying physical retail copies of games...

BAHAHAHAHAHA! Ah... shit. I didn't see that coming.

Nope not surprised just was bored.

In the spirit of giving the wrong answer on the internet definitely gets you the right answer from an enraged fan, here we go.

I do not think so, they are separate games, But have not backed and am incredibly skeptical of these ever coming out finished so see above and someone will correct me.

I highly doubt it. just backing SQ42 now will get you the digital download. I have no idea how much the special boxed edition is. And if it is half as large in the end as they say it will be multiple blurays of disks to install. I do not think the final game will be on disk, or if it is it will be a token disk to have one with just a downlaoder on it and nothing else.

Now let the corrections FLY!

Is there hype around eve online?

Last I checked it was released 14 years ago.

Also, it IS a fantastic experience to play. It's a deep and immersive environment that can suck your life away if you're not careful.

I mean........

They have $150M and are getting over $40,000 per day. I don't think that's accurate at all.

The reason it's 2 years overdue is because they keep getting money, and consequently, keep adding stuff.

Our last "stretch funding goal" was at the $65,000,000 mark. I think they're just picking stuff out of a hat at this point.

There was some big goings on in EVE recently (past few months), all but full on galactic war. Not followed up it, may be over now, I do not follow it or play it, just take a peek every now and then.

1 Like

I don't think that's accurate. They are making one large MMO that is comprised of different sub-games. i.e. a Single Player for those that would want one and as a long tutorial for the main MMO, a FPS, a dog fighter in space, an economy simulator, a space exploration game, mining, slaving, etc etc.

Except all the modules (mostly) interact.

I thought squadron 42 wasn't meant to be part of the main game? Wasn't it just a spin-off meant to satisfy people?

There are fanboys that are deaf and blind to the "game" and its issues. Shooting Red triangles and squares isn't deep, last time i checked. And Immersive? That's exactly what the game DOESN'T have... i don't know what you've been playing. But... yeah. In 2009 we got character creation. And we've had characters walking in one room... for 8 years now. Totally immersive. And it totally isn't missing half of what games by today's standards should have. Am i wrong? Maybe i have to put my password in backwards when logging in and then i'm doing it right. I'll load into a game that'll let me actually be the character portrait... err.. character i made. And the gameplay won't be as monotonous and eventful as playing with a cup and ball. And if there's any indication that the "developers" do fuck all - take a look at the Drifters, and any other "NPC". Their character models are all waiting there... all by their lonesome! Doing NOTHING. That doesn't turn on a light bulb in your head at all? They have fully rendered character models... Fully rendered character models. That serve NO, PUPOSE. Just like our character models. The obviousness is so painful... it's like a UFO on your front lawn. The incompleteness is just painfully obvious to the point where you'd have to be mentally unfit to not notice it. Anyway, i don't wanna talk about that garbage excuse for a game, anyway. I keep mentioning it because it's what i'm sick with. And Star Citizen is the cure. Hopefully for everyone...

@Vitalius

Well, they should save extra features for when the thing comes out. It's pretty irresponsible of them to just keep piling up features when they're delaying the game. Considering many people will be pissed off. We can't wait forever.

Still waiting for HL3 :3 Forever waiting.

2 Likes