I'm getting the Star Citizen itch again

So, Alpha 3.0 is going to come out. And i'm wondering if i should join in early. I hate the idea of downloading 30+ gigabytes though. I really wish the damn game was out and i could get a retail copy on disc to put into my optical drive. And i can't help but get this odd feeling about the game. As if i shouldn't get it yet. I'm sure we're all being paranoid about it. I'm sure they're simply just sensationalizing the game, seeing as how large of a project it is. Waiting is painful... And turning to that vaporware garbage EVE Online is even more painful.

Have you played it before I have been wondering about if I should try it out? Any thoughts on it?

WHA? No... i haven't played it. I'm asking people for advice on whether or not i should play it now.

Oh copy my bad I was hoping you had checked it out already.

Stay away from this Tech Demo until you see the Single Player SQ42 which is 2 years overdue, to be released. Then just buy into the SP game. This company is in danger of running out of funds to complete SC.

1 Like

You should only buy into it now if you feel like contributing to the development. It's not a complete game but there is still a good bit of content already. There will probably be another surge of people buying in after 3.0 is released. It's a significant milestone for persistent universe development.

WWWHHHHUUUUUTTTTT?!?!

EVE is actually out. Has been for years and it works.

Star Citizen is the vaporware.

You have that sorely mixed up.

1 Like

@Prenihility 3.0 is when everything starts to come together and becomes a actual game. Also with the launch of 3.0 brings in the delta patcher which allows normal patching without always having to redownload the full game. I believe the base game package is $40. I don't recommend paying anything over unless you want to contribute like @Knight26 suggests. Star Citizen is not vaporware. Look up the latest Around The Verse's progress is being made and looks amazing. I believe the reason everyone shits on it is because we have been watching from the beginning and it seems its taking forever. R&D takes time in most games before we even hear anything about a game is announced which then its released in 1-2 years. I cant wait for 3.0 and I hope to see you in the verse!

2 Likes

Ugh... Yeah. I heard about that. You have to redownload the whole game every time it gets patched? That's mentally retarded. Delta patcher sounds nice. I don't understand how it hasn't been technically possible until now.

Yeah, 3.0 sounds promising. It's why i'm interested. But it seems like its taking them forever. Honestly, though... what perplexes the FUCK out of me, is how SC could even POSSIBLY be a failure. The reason why the game is appealing in the first place is so simple and logical. Just like how Grand Theft Auto III was so appealing and groundbreaking back in its time. Only this is taking everything to extremes. And no, i wasn't calling the game vaporware. They've shown more development in one Around the Verse than Complacent Cunt Productions has on EVE Online its entire existence. I don't want to talk about that game. What a fuckshow... For people who are exempt in life and make nerds look like normal people and are the nerds to the lower, typical tier of nerds. Paying for EVE Online is like paying to play Tetris. Or with a fucking ball in a cup. I can't believe i wasted so much time on that fucking shit. But then again, i never played consistently. Now, i just finally can't stand it anymore. I need Star Citizen.

Someone suggested buying the game when SQ42 comes out? Why then? That still isn't the full release, is it?

I hope it comes in a retail package. I want to install from disc.

It has to do with the cryengine since they heavily modified it but they have started using Amazon Lumberyard,

I hope SQ42 is out this year. Also SQ42 is separate from Star Citizen. As for retail I don't know I know Backers are getting big box edition of the game from the kickstarter.

As for Eve never really played the game since it never really interested me.

Bix box edition? Wha?

Like how back in the day PC Game came in bigger boxes with goodies and high quality manuals etc

If you are interested and looking for some Star Citizen Youtubers these two are my favorite.

TheNOOBIFIER1337 - Tends to keep videos short and to the point in five minutes on new info and game mechanics. He also got me into Dual Stick setup for space sims which is fantastic.

BoardGamer - He goes over the news throughout each week

Captianshack also has some videos once in awhile about it

There has been extended weekends when anyone has been allowed to download the latest alpha and try it out. Just maybe there will be one not too long after 3.0 is out.

2 Likes

Definitely! I feel like every month or so they have "Free Fly Weekends"

What is wrong with Eve Online, I tried it out a few times? The last time I tried it out I found the controls very confusing and my free time to play ran out before I got the hand of the controls.

unless you have 3rd world American tier internet then disc is slower

protip, if you buy and download now, you'll have to download twice because that's how patching works

SQ 42 has been delayed indefinitely. Afaik they haven't restarted development so you may be waiting a while...

I never understood why people wanted this so much. SC has always been the next gen MMO in my mind. I'm glad they put it on the back burner.

They've been chugging along this whole time. Right now they are in a "Sprint" towards pushing out 3.0 because its going to update a lot of the game's systems that are also necessary for SQ42, most notably their "Item 2.0" system which is too massive to describe in detail in this post.

1 Like

Damn... this is so confusing. So... S42 is separate? But... will it be like GTAV? Where i can simply transition between Singleplayer (S42) and multiplayer/MMO? I really hope so. But that also brings another question. How will that work with releases? If there ARE under one installation, then what?

@Ace2020boyd

AWESOME! So... all i have to do is pay for the game now to get the boxed edition?

And yes, i already watch BoredGamer. He's to the point. I like his breakdowns. Around the Verse is too long for me. Unless the art and 3D model building is talked about :smile:

@kewldude007 well i thought i had fast internet, but i guess not. I remember being on an ISP 10 years ago that was faster. I just want the boxed edition. I'm not a corn-chip-eating fat fuck that takes in his gaming like an IV drip. Pay, download, play just doesn't do it for me.