I'm failing to understand PRIME

So I dual booted my Y40-70 with OSX and linux, arch, Antergos more specifically now that it works properly. The Y40-70 has an HD4400 and an AMD M275X that are switchable with the HD4400 as the head. Now I have asked before what to do about this and aside from the smart ass comments about "Derr install wernders 10" (I'm not doing it @Kat go away) the other answer was to use PRIME.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PRIME

Prime is cool because it allows you to set up the switching by hand and not worry about it later on. Problem is when I follow that guide there it doesn't seem to work most of the time. If I do

$ xrandr --setprovideroffloadsink radeon Intel

it will tell me "radeon is not a provider".

If I do

$ xrandr --setprovideroffloadsink 1 0

$ DRI_PRIME=1 glxinfo | grep "OpenGL renderer"

It might set it to intel, it might set it to AMD.
On top of that if I do the above setting it will still just render a game like cities skylines with thi intel iGPU even if doing the grep string says that its using the AMD chip.

I'm not completely sure what to ask other than am I doing something very wrong somewhere?

Might still be using the ATI (or other vendor name) name as a hold.over from older times but I have no clue at all, just a shot in the dark.

Actually it lists it as VERDE but it refuses the name.

I am completely useless to you from this point on. But that seems odd. Was that ever a codename of the part in the laptop?

Curacao Verde XTX is the chip name.

Errr, no wait, Cape Verde, then Curacao XTX is a secondary name? I don't know anymore.

Just tried the whole "Add a script to xorg don't worry it'll be fine" thing on the arch page, now xorg won't start. So that doesn't work either.

What the fuck.

bump