I'm a bit stuck!

Good Morning everyone.

As crazy as this is in recent times I have not used a pc in 7 months and not i’ve been put in front of my brothers pc and tasked to do a bit of a clean up ect

so I’m here in the hoped that I could get some help with problems i’m running into.

the OS currently running is Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, On a Intel Nuc 8 I5 with a 500gb nvme samsung ssd and 32gb of ram to put context of pc spec’s

First problem is we are trying to connect a ps vita to the system. we have vitashell on the device and when active it connects to a windows VM no problem. now we want to get it native onto ubuntu so we can ditch the VM. This is the message we get.

Now we’ve installed exfat-fuse and exfat-utils, it kills the error message now it just does not open the drive or the give the error message after this.

Nice easy, How do we fix this so we can open the file system and move files on and off the device?

1 Like

have you tried installing exfatutils?

sudo apt-get install exfat-fuse exfat-utils

Yeah I’ve done that, the error message goes but it doesn’t open the mounted device.

okay, so the filesystem isnt an issue anymore, thats good.

try to follow this guide and try to do some googling around it, my suspicion is that you need to mount that device manually and tell ubuntu what kind of filesystem its using(exFAT)