[IGNORE - USER ERROR] Win10 is a bit cheeky these days? Offline driver install problems geforce

Hey all,

So I was doing a clean install of Win10, downloaded within the last week. I like to disconnect the internet and download all drivers on another machine, including the graphics card (in this case, a GTX 1070). Then install my programmes connecting the internet if/when needed.

I downloaded the GTX 1070 driver for my os (Win10 64-bit), listed as v430.86 version and a message popped up:

I thought, OK fair enough, I’ll download the Geforce detector, now I get this:

The only thing I can think of is that I hadn’t activated Win10 yet - something I prefer to do once most things are installed.

Should I just install an older version of Win10 or put up with this stuff?

Also, despite pausing updates, the moment I plugged it into the internet, it first said I had to restart for something, then decided to put “3D Vision Photo Viewer” on the desktop. Also it downloaded a GPU driver as well. That’s not really on is it?

Any comments welcome, FYI I’m not an anti-Win10 person and use it every day on other machines, though that is an older version that, for example, allows you to update based on usage (i.e. mainstream or someone that needs the computer to work, for work!).

1 Like

It’s not the windows. It’s Nvidia. They asked you for an Nvidia account to use their software suite, I would not be surprised if there is some weird requirement to be online when you install your Nvidia drivers so they can telemetry the f@k out of you…

2 Likes

USER ERROR - I CAN’T BELIEVE THIS…I HAD ACCIDENTALLY INSTALLED THE 32-BIT VERSION…I FEEL SUCH AN IDIOT.

SORRY FOR WASTING EVERYONE’S TIME! Thank you psycho :+1:

3 Likes

So the 32 bit did not have all the bloat, but when it connected to the net, it downloaded and installed it for you?

Yes indeed.

I know why I accidentally installed the 32-bit, was re-using a very old laptop (Dell 9400, dual core), rather than throw it away I thought I’d try Win10 32-bit. Only went for 32-bit as it can only have 2GB of memory, total.

1 Like

Downloaded win10 64-bit onto USB stick now. Who knew 64 bit GPU drivers would only work on a 64-bit OS.

Doh.

1 Like

Do you wish to have the thread close in a day?

Yes please - it’s not of use to anyone :+1:

Closed at user request