Return to Level1Techs.com

Ignore Feature Will Not Fix The Issue

It will only fix the symptoms. In fact, it will split the community even more, by creating bubbles, and getting people riled up about being ignored.

Also it’s ironic, since so many of you are pro-free speech.

Guess I am already ignored by the forums. Ha!

1 Like

Who hurt you

13 Likes

Not sure I get it? The ability for someone to speak doesn’t mean others have to listen to them.

12 Likes

26 Likes

I suggest making a rule against passive-aggressively telling another poster you’re going to ignore him.

Just do it, and go about your life. This cuts drama a surprising amount.

4 Likes

That will have the same result of the rule for complaining about flags, nothing. People still complained about flags

2 Likes

Then you infract them, and if they keep doing it, talk to them telling them to cut it out, then if it still keep happening, ban them. 3 strikes.

0 Likes

I refuse to have such an authoritarian mindset.

7 Likes

Your call, was just a suggestion.

0 Likes

You really can’t help yourself.

3 Likes

Just sharing thoughts.

0 Likes

FTFY

6 Likes

fuck, I kinda have to agree there.

Never thought that’ll happen. But here we are.

1 Like

So you’re saying people will have freedom of association?? Great! If only we could have that in the real world.

0 Likes

Nah, I am not against the concept. But it might get overused.

I think it’s personal decision of each user to do it or not. I personally won’t. Unless like spam or something.

0 Likes

This isn’t a L1 thing but a Discourse thing. It’s pretty popular on PHP style forums.

3 Likes

The ignore feature was added in a (very) recent release, I brought it up in a politics-adjacent thread that got pretty heated. It can be disabled, they don’t force it. But I really do hope L1 leaves it on.

1 Like

I’m indifferent, but I get why some people would want it.

Honestly, the state of the forum has been really stable, but I’m surprised at how people are behaving in the new Lounge and the recent meta threads. Like spoiled brats being told they need to get along with their cousins.

6 Likes

That guy from pine is probably regretting making an account here. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I kind of agree with eden but what in your mind would fix “The Issue” ?

3 Likes