If I upgrade can it run this game?

If this is the wrong section I apologize.

Just wondering I was digging threw some storage and found my old Dell optiplex 755 MT version. I was wondering can I upgrade it ? At least enough to play some shooters like Arma and Rust etc. At least Medium settings not trying to go up and beyond just decent upgrade parts.

Here are the specs :

• Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E6550 @ 2.33GHz
  • Manufacturer Intel
  • Speed 2.3 GHz
  • Number of Cores 2
  • Video Card 1 Intel(R) Q35 Express Chipset Family
  • Manufacturer Intel
  • Chipset Intel(R) Q35 Express Chipset Family
  • Dedicated Memory 64 MB
  • Total Memory 256.0 MB
  • Video Card 2 Intel(R) Q35 Express Chipset Family
  • Manufacturer Intel
  • Chipset Intel(R) Q35 Express Chipset Family
  • Dedicated Memory 64 MB
  • Total Memory 256.0 MB
  • Memory 2.1 GB

If you need more info just reply on this post , Thanks.

I know I already posted about this information , But I just wanna do it again since now I have a budget of 200$

I recently just replaced a hard drive in a co-worker's Dell Optiplex 755... weird... they're fine for office and web-browsing... Gaming? No...

in the short... you'd be better off with a rebuild...

It runs DDR2... which is EXPENSIVE... and you'd want 8GB for gaming nowadays... You'd need a GPU which will consume your $200 budget in and of itself... on top of that, Arma is a very CPU intensive game which will outclass your Core 2 duo... In order to get enough memory to run it you'd have to spend a ridiculous of money on an outdated chipset's RAM...

I'd save enough for a $600-800 rebuild (knowing you'd be much happier with $800 in the bank... that'll get you at least high settings on everything and some elbow room for age).... you'll have a lot better time with an Intel build with Arma specifically...

I realize you're just trying to play the game... but AMD suffers pretty dramatically with Arma... you could build a halfway decent AMD PC with $600 though that would be fine for most other games...

Not what you wanted to hear, I get it... but it is what it is :P

Thanks for the quick reply , But eh just wanting to check. I forgot that arma is a cpu intensive game how much would I have to spend to play the game medium - high hopefully it's not a crazy amount?

well, I mean... you can meet the absolute minimum requirements with a GPU upgrade... if you're thrwoing $200 in the mix I'd get a R9 280 and you can rebuild with it later... it'll be bottlenecked, and you'll need more ram, but it'll be a nice start to a rebuild to go ahead and grab an expensive part of it that'll last a bit...

It DOES have a PCIE 1.1 slot and it won't really bottleneck it just from the PCIE slot...