Idiot roommate is running XP and Vista

No, he’s full on serious.

Sorry for not being on the forum, I work shitty hours and rarely have time to browse the forums these days.

That chance being 99.99999 repeating into infinity due to his love of pointless piracy (installing anything and everything that he might maybe possibly use/play eventually 10 years from now when he gets around to it) and having no backups of anything.

Yes, I am already looking for a new place, in a different part of the country, was doing so before all of this, but this isn’t helping the case for staying here at all.

Because that is what was already on the machine, for him it was faster to system restore the damn things than to even bother to wipe the drives.

If you’re running a secure platform yourself it shouldn’t really impact you…

… wow. … just wow.

2 Likes

Just on the Vista thing, i have previously owned hardware that ran Vista a lot better than Windows 7 due to driver support for some specific hardware in it. Can’t remember what it was exactly (i think it may have been the onboard RAID controller), but Windows 7 didn’t want a bar of it.

Vista, when on SP1 or SP2 is a lot better than it was on release. The big release problems were mostly driver related.

1 Like