IBM x3650 M4 - Workstation Woes

Good day ladies and gents!

I have an IBM x3650 M4 with 2 x Xeon E5-2640, 128GB RAM, GTX 1060 6GB,and 4 x 1.92TB SSDs. I wanna use this as an everyday workstation just for the heck of it, but I’m having some issues. I’m not sure whether its an IRQ conflict or something stranger, but everything runs fine except when I watch a video or listen to music. When I do, the system has tiny microstutters every few seconds, probably every 10 to 20 seconds where the audio hitches for literally a split second (and the display sometimes when watching video). I’m using a Corsair Void Wireless connected via USB, but its not unique to this adapter. It does exactly the same with an XBox controller and a pair of headphones. Its less prevalent when using the HDMI audio of the GTX1060, but not completely gone.

The system is currently running Windows 10 Pro for Workstations (at great cost, might I tell you), but the error isn’t limited to just this. It occurs on the normal Windows 10 Pro build as well as Windows Server 2016/2019.

Any ideas / fixes? Please, I’m desperate here

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.