I9 9900K on a Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7

I have the Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 7 with the i7 8700K and just was wondering if any one has tried the 9900K with this exact board.
I know the VRM components on this board are intersil’s best. The same exact components are used on the eVGA X299 and Z390 DARK motherboards. So I have confidents that it would be fine.
Right now i have a old school (but new) ZALMAN CNPS 9900MAX 300watt capable air cooler . I’ve always liked ZALMAN because there perfomance is great. Even today it ranks 10th on FrostyTech’s top 10 cpu coolers. It holds a 5GHz OC @1.250v. on the 8700K, with temps at 80°c, 100% utilization, and the VRM only hitting 60°c.
So I would think there would be some headroom to run an 8core. Of course i know a new cooler may be needed if i wanted to OC.
I’ve seen der8auer’s video on the Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 and his VRM was hitting 90°c with a 5.2GHz OC on the 8700K. So i ran the exact settings he did and my VRM is 30°c cooler. Maybe i hit the VRM lottery, though my 8700K is a really good chip, only requiring 1.250v to be stable at 5GHz.
Ive only seen one other video about the GB Aorus Gamin 7 running a i9 9900K and the guy who I’ve never seen before said he felt more comfortable using a VRM waterblock from a Z77 board that fit.
I’d wrather not use water cause air is more simple.
Also Steve from Hardware Unboxed said that it would be OK running video editing projects and some other heavy programs.
So, i want to know, what are your guys thoughts on this.
Should I just opt out and buy a Z390 Aorus Master with the 9900K, or just get the 9900K and hope this works out.
I wouldn’t mind having a second edititing rig but money is short and i would think this combo (Z370 G7 and the i9) would be OK.

Depends on what kind of overclock he did ln2 maybe?
For normal overclocking the vrm on of the Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 should more then fine for moderate overclocking a 9900K on liquid or aircooling.
The vrm is indeed an all intersil implementation.
And it is really a decent implementation.
For the main vrm they use the ISL69138 in 4+2 phase mode.
For the main vcore they have doubled 4 phases to 8 using ISL6617 phase doubler,
which is a realy nice smart doubler that does load current balancing between phases.
Which is really nice.
The powerstages they use are also ISL99227 60A smart power stages.
So as far as the vcore vrm is concerned, this board should be more then edequate enough.

Thanks for the reply.
The main reason for purchasing this board was because of the VRM. It has great support in HWinfo64 for every sensor. Especially the (ITE IT8686E, IT8792E, and the ISL69138.

The Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Master does not use an isl implementation on the vrm.
They use an IR implementation with IR3553 40A powerstages.

I just found the board that caught my eye. It has some pretty cool features, features i haven’t seen on any other Z390 MB. and it uses a pretty nice VRM with DrMos.
The Z390 Designare.
This has dual thunderbolt 3 ports up to 40Gb’s and has the option to switch it’s X16 PCI-e lanes and M.2’s straight to the CPU in a (X8 X4 X4) configuration.
I’ve been looking for a way to run 2 970 pro’s in raid 0 without needing to buy expansion cards or chance it not working on other boards. This way i won’t have the DMI bottleneck the two drives and potentially get up to 7or8 GB’s read and writes.
I’ve only see X470 or other high end platforms capable of this.