i7 970 and i7 3770k, Frankenstein Build?

Hey guys,

I have two PC's right now that I am considering taking parts from both and than building a new machine with. 

The spec's for my systems are in my profile. But I will post them here to give you guys an idea of what I am asking.

Desktop PC:

• Corsair 600T Computer Case
  • Corsair HX850W Power Supplie
  • ASUS X58 Rampage III GENE Motherboard
  • Intel Core i7-970 Six-Core Processor
  • Corsair Vengenance 12GB DDR3 Memory
  • ASUS DirectCU II Geforce GTX 660 Ti Videocard 
  • Crucial M4 128GB Solid State Hard Drive (Boot Drive)
  • Seagate Barracuda XT 2TB Hard Drive (Game Drive)
  • Western Digital Caviar Green 2TB Hard Drive (Storage Drive 1)
  • Western Digital Caviar Green 2TB Hard Drive (Storage Drive 2)
  • Western Digital Caviar Green 2TB Hard Drive (Storage Drive 3)
  • LG BH08LS20 Blu-Ray Player - Rewriter
  • Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Opersating System

Workbench Rig

• Bitfenix Prodigy mini-ITX Computer Case
  • Corsair Professional HX650W Power Supplie 
  • ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe Motherboard
  • Intel Core i7-3770K Unlocked Quad-Core Processor
  • Corsair Vengenance 8GB DDR3 Memory
  • EVGA Geforce GTX480 Video Card
  • Intel 520 Series 120GB Solid State Hard Drive
  • Windows 7 Home Premium x64 Operating System

My Desktop computer is my home computer that I use when I am at home and my Workbench Rig is the computer I use while I am at work. What I am wondering is should I take the i7 3770k out of my work machine, order a regular Socket 1155 motherboard and than also pull the Intel 5 series SSD, than take the memory and graphics card from my home machine and build a Frankenstein system using parts from both systems. I mostly do "basic" or "newbie" video editing on my machine at home and gaming. Its not a cost issue so I am not concerned with that at all. I am just looking for some input on if I should bother wasting my time going through the two machines or not.

Just looking for some thoughts and input. 

The motherboard you have in your home computer is not Z77, limiting your capabilities of the i7 3770k. You won't see much performance increase, but if you were to swap, you would need to switch motherboards as well.

Yeah, I went mini-ITX for my work rig because I wanted to take up as little space as possible on my desk at work. However after using my work machine and my home machine I am starting to notice the differerence between my home machine (socket 1366) and work machine (socket 1155) I was thinking of selling my mini-ITX mobo (1155) and mini-ITX case. Buying a new socket 1155  and moving the new motherboard + i7 3770k into a new case.  Just trying to figure out if I should bother or not.