I7 7700k Computer Giveaway Annoucement: Level1 Techs | Level One Techs

the motherboard gives me a hard-on but that case is scary it looks like it weighs a ton.

I donā€™t have a twitter or YT account so I only have one entry. But why does the giveaway has to take place on Gleam every time? I really donā€™t want more spam in my mailbox.

Iā€™ve never received spam for gleam, only the one message to say Iā€™ve entered, so if your worried about them trying to sell you anything then I can put that to rest. Also while for some reason it requests read\write permissions on accounts when you log in (unless you log in via email), Iā€™ve searched and never found anybody who says they published a message on social media without the user explicitly requesting it. All that said, no idea what their privacy policy is, nor how well they stick to it, so not saying its great that level1techs relies on this external service over an internally hosted one, but personally I have yet to see direct conduct by gleam that caused me frustration for using the service.

Not that I know ANYTHING about the process, but I believe it may have something to do with Gleam already has a robust legal system in place for giveaways to avoid favoritism and/or impropriety. L1T doesnā€™t have the resources to reinvent the wheel.

Does Gleam use and share user data? Probably, but so do most websites.
But thatā€™s how the internet remains free of charge.

Iā€™m not a fan of social media like Facebook and Twitter. As such I hardly even log in to either. Wanted to enter the contest and do the Twitter thing, but Twitter suspended my account. Apparently this will happen if they think Iā€™m a bot or spammer. I only have ONE postā€¦ how is ONE post enough cause to suspend my account?

I did all the other stuff. Will have to be enough if I canā€™t get the suspension lifted.

Best of luck to everyone.

I cannot find anywhere the name of the winner I didnā€™t looked enough or is still not been selected/announced?

1 Like