i7 4790k Adaptive Voltage

Hello everyone, I just got my new build completed, and it's time to overclock.

Specs:

CPU - i7 4790k
Cooler - Corsair H100i
Mobo - Asus z97-AR
RAM - Corsair Vengeance 2x4gb 1600
PSU - Coolermaster v700

I have been running tests and I have found the clock I would like to run on my computer.

I would like to run 4.6 at v1.222 which I found stable with my setup.

The problem I am having is I would also like for my Voltage to throttle down when my ratio throttles down. When I set Manual Voltage to the desired v1.225 it remains at v1.225 whether there is a load on the CPU or not.

As you can see there, while the CPU Clock is at only 8x it still has a Voltage of v1.222, and I would like for the Voltage to drop during this idle.

My first thought is to set the Voltage to Adaptive, and this does solve the problem of the Voltage not throttling when the Multiplier drops during idle.

But now when I stress test with Voltage set at v1.225 Adaptive with an Offset Voltage of 0 it doesn't cap at my set Voltage. It instead goes up to v1.325...

What do I need to do to get what I am going for?

Dsable speed steping

Sorry, this did not solve my problem. At idle I am at 4.6 with v1.262 Adaptive. I am trying to achieve .8 when at idle with a lower Voltage than when I am under full load.

So for now I've decided to just run 4.6 at v1.222 for the time being until I figure this out. It still goes down to .8 at idle but remains at v1.222.

If you have any ideas let me know. I really would like to see my volts go down when I am not actively using my system, but maintain 4.6 at v1.222 when I do need to use it for gaming.

Is the power plan set to balanced and is the digi-vrm setting in the bios set to optimized?