i5 6600k vs FX9590 for streaming?

that's what everyone keeps saying, Assuming AMD is the under dog because of CPI per core?

Yes definitely, Intel haswell or skylake cpu´s have a way better per core performance and ipc then Amd FX cpu´s.
Thats ofc not that strange if you think about that AMD FX chips are allready from 2011

hmm. that's food for thought, i'm on newegg pricing it up

it mainaly depends on your budget.
Also which gpu do you have?

I have a PNY gtx 770 xlr8 2gb budget for cpu anywhere from 200-280 mobo maybe 120-170

does Z97's support Xeon? and if not does all H97 boards support Xeon?

They both do.
The main diffrence between Z97 and H97 is overclockability.
Z97 boards have fully unlocked overclock feutures.
But Xeon E3´s are not overclockable, so overclocking feutures dont realy matter much.
Also most Z97 boards support sli, but not all of them, the lowerend Z97 boards often dont support sli, only crossfire.

ok, so the h97 would a cheaper rout that nets me the same performance as the z97, gotcha.

Basicly yes, the only benefit that Z97 would give you is Sli compatibility.
But not all lowerend Z97 boards support it.

And i assume that your goal to upgrade your gpu anyway?

eventually yes, for now i'll stick with my 770, i might upgrade to a 980ti in april next year, for now i just want to upgrade the cpu

Z97 boards have become a bit cheap lately.
Not sure if newegg has some nice combo deals with a Z97 board + 4790K maybe?

not really just one but came with ram too, i don't need ram though, since z/h 97 supports DDR3

Yeah the 4790K also went back up in price to $340,- on Newegg.
The Xeon E3-1231-V3 is allmost $100,- cheaper.

yeah i have the Xeon E3-1231-V3 and an MSI z97 mobo in the cart, just under $350. C'mon paycheck! Thanks again, you have been super helpful! :)

Yeah well since you have a plan to upgrade your gpu to a 980Ti or something that highend in the future.
It wont be a bad investment to go with the Xeon E3.

Yeah, i set a picture of it as the background on my phone, #NerdAnticipation

oh yeah btw, did you get that bad gaming + streaming performance from your FX6300?
That you want to upgrade.

FX6300 should not be that bad exaly.

yeah, it's completely unable to stream when encoding x264 with the cpu, and using NVENC with my GPU it will drop frame rate really bad, CS:GO on low settings will drop from 160fps to 70fps randomly (although most of the time i'm trying to clutch) I unparked my cores to gain a little more stability in terms of frame drops, it helped but then i started blue screening bad, also overclocked 3 months ago to try and help. i think the combo did my CPU in.

hmm thats a bit weird.

@DeusQain uses a Xeon E3-1230-V3 for gaming and streaming, its a preducessor to the Xeon E3-1231-V3,
and as far as i know, he gets some good performance out of it.

I always took Qain for Xeon guy...i don't know why.... lol