I will most likely get the ps4 version of fallout4

Bethesda has more pride than that.

1 Like

Nvidia didn't screw up Batman, first and foremost; the publisher did by pushing the game out before it was ready (Iron Galaxy knew it was broken, but it wasn't their decision to launch it still). The only thing Nvidia did was apparently speed up game footage to make it appear that it ran at 60fps, which is BS but they can't be blamed for the shitshow of Arkham Knight's PC release.

Secondly, why is Gameworks a big deal if you can disable it? AMD users will still be able to play the game even if those particular features are disabled for them. Nvidia offers these tools to devs, the devs use them, so what? And if you say that it's because they want Nvidia marketing material stamped throughout the game's intro/box/etc. then let me ask you this... who makes Gameworks support a factor when shopping for a video card in the first place? Do you believe that it actually steers people toward buying Nvidia instead of AMD cards? I would have to believe that it's the slower progression of AMD's GPU lineup and lackluster release of their Fury lineup (those cards are still great, but it didn't re-invent the wheel so-to-speak like people were hoping/expecting) is moreso why Nvidia leads by so much in market share.

Like I said before, the sourcecode exists for gameworks so there is no reason why AMD can't capitalize on using it also. I just think it comes down to AMD having a overall very poor coding department, which has only JUST RECENTLY changed so hopefully we will see those improvements passed onto the customers.

It exists for the developers if you believe nVidia. When they sign the contract with nVidia they depending on the level of partnership ban get access to the source code apparently, but AMD do not get this access. nVidia have said that as long as it is the games developers and not AMD them selves the developer can optimise it for what every they like.

So it is sort of possible but at the same time never going to happen.

On the other hand AMDs TressFX and other such add ons are open source and at this stage usually run better on nVidia cards when put side by side.

To put the point home about nVidia, PhysX. There was a guy on a forum that made an OpenCL (the open equivalent to CUDA) version of PhysX that ran at full speed on AMD GPUs instead of being offloaded to the CPU which is what happens when PhysX detects an AMD card. He was threatened with legal action and now we don't get it.

They are unfair in the extreme, to the point where anti competitive laws should step in but nVidia also happen to own ~70% of the GPU market and are untouchable. The worst part is anyone who complains about it that is running Nvidia is a hypocrite, they put us in the situation but sheeple keep paying to get downgraded performance and screwed every year. Thanks Guys!

2 Likes

Paid mods.

I listened to a discussion over paid mods from modders and they had good points. you get a lot more done if you're paid of it, it's a fact of life.

Regardless they pulled it back.

1 Like

I am just pointing out that Pride is stomped out by money very quickly. With that, Hello GameWorks!

And they only pulled it back because F4 would bomb hard if it was still going.

Never heard of NVIDIA blocking AMD from getting the source code, seems kinda fishy if you ask me and if that was the case then wouldn't that be front page news whenever this issue came up? like wouldn't AMD say "we tried but they refused"?

Nah standard corporate secrets nonsense. nVidia own the license and can refuse to sell it to whomever the choose. They approach games companies with it not the other way round. That is why it annoys me so much that so many are all buddy buddy when it clearly infuriates the gamers, every release outrage and the the spineless buy it any way and the cycle continues.

Oh boy....plz no 'game dosent works'

I guess we will wait and see, if GameWorks does create a problem for AMD users then we should all just trash FO4 forums with bloody hatred and murder!

I really have no idea what the user can do about it really...

It isn't the implication of game works that makes a game bad; it's deliberately making the game a POS. Game works doesn't do anything but add some functionality. Hardly a price to pay for an 8gb buffer for 390 users and the performance of a 970 for half the cost regarding 290 owners.

I genuinely don't under stand that comment.

@anon63470048 stop vuy nVidia products and games that use gameworks. Vote with you wallet, but this leads to the 70% issue. They just won't notice unless everyone does it and well... Sheeple

Reread it

I have a 390x. I await AMD to make decent drivers for Linux (appears to be happening).

Pretty much my only complaint with AMD is the Linux support at present,. See how things look next year, they are running out of time however and if AMD doesn't change the tide soon they could well go under!

I will tell you what JayzTwoCents said about that... Because AMD said "We asked, they refused". Jay said something in the lines of "They are pointing fingers. They should not point fingers. They are pointing fingers, and whining."... And nobody picked that story up. I have heard, that even the DEVS don't get the source code... They get the files and guidelines, but not the source code itself...

Closed source is just not good for PROGRESS, and it's very bad for Linux drivers and such. If only the hardware vendor can touch the code to make it better or find bugs, then we are 100% waiting on them to do all the work needed to get features in and working. Ultimately it leads to massive wait times between progress. BAD.

Okay. But it adds functionality at the detriment of AMD users. And in some cases nVidia users too. It has come back to worsen games in general many times, so why do people keep buying into it.

Even the comments above. People know it is coming and actively dread it, but still ever year new games with it. Why? And why do people keep feeding it.

Because it doesn't hurt the source itself...
Actually i will say what AMD said about that topic...
Nvidia are fine with gameworks harming their performance, as long as it harms AMD's performance more...
So this is it... Nvidia basically have a contracts with Ubisoft, WB and what was it... Some others, i don't really care about AAA gaming... So they have to implement Nvidia's stuff... And at the end, who's fault it is? Ubisoft... And WB... And all the others... Not really Nvidia's stuff... And as long as Nvidia is in the top of the charts, nobody really cares how they got there...

Again, we don't know what it does... Nobody knows what code there is inside the Gameworks libraries... Well, Nvidia does.

And this is the strangers part of all. Why are AMD okay with it.

nVidia do marketing, run ads, people see them and buy nVidia. Then games run nVidia crapworks. People buy more nVidia. AMD does worse and worse. People buy more nVidia. AMD does worse. How does the benefit anyone?

And if anyone needs a hand right now it would be AMD. So here come more crapworks and a perfect opportunity to sling some shit back at nVidia, but they are okay with it? The are going bankrupt fast and I can see why, their business management sucks.

None of this makes sense.