I want to electrocute myself everyday

I already do those things lol

if i exercise any more it's going to be counterproductive. It's the law of diminishing returns. Thanks though! i agree everyone should exercise more.

Well, honestly, I don't care what you do to your body, so have at it. Plenty of people have been shocked by outlets plenty of times and are still kicking (pun). If you want to do it safely, you could get a taser. They are designed to shock and not kill, which is basically what you are wanting.

Seriously tho

more water

more sun

more cardio

more vitamins (might not help but fuck it why not?)

and if you want to get really crazy better diet, but for me diet changes tend to make me suffer more than it's worth.

More cardio is never counter productive

edit - remember we're built to run on the plains not get swol lol

2 Likes

They are called "less lethal" weapons for a reason, you know. They still can kill.

1 Like

Agree and you would condition yourself to it and lose the effect anyway. The fact it worked was because it was a surprise event triggering hyperarousal.

Some of the effects are reduced blood flow to the skin to limit bleeding from wounds. Increased blood flow to the muscles to fight or flight. A feeling of control. That the fight side.

On the flight side you can shit and piss yourself to be less appealing to eat.

There is actually a third response too: freeze, like a deer in headlights.

2 Likes

Electric convulsive therapy can be helpful in some specific cases to be functional in the short term if you absolutely need to get shit done ASAP. But it is NOT a long term solution. The chances of relapse are very high.

It really should not be called a "therapy", it's a temporary workaround.
So that you can deal with the actual depression later with proper psychological and pharmaceutical help.

Find a thesaurus. Look up 'awful.' Read all the entries. Thrice.

Tasers are designed to be as incapacitating as possible (read: be as painful as possible) while minimising permanent damage as much as possible.

OP wants something invigorating, this is the exact opposite.

Also, for all intents and purposes, tasers should be treated just like firearms. There is always a very real possibility of death or permanent injury.

For certain kinds of depression it works 99.9% of the time with the patients needing nothing further in the future. I forget the form of depression I am trying to think of.

I got some cheap TENS devices and tried some different voltages, 5V was plenty instead of the 4.5V from 3x AAA, but the controls are too bad, it needs MIDI or something. I didn't feel in danger using these things, but it wasn't much over stinging yourself with nettles.

Pentagon considers using electricity to stimulate troops’ brains

This may be a thing in time. God knows the long term effects.

Pentagon at one stage also tried using lsd for mind control.

mind control is a good movie name

I'm going to start electrocuting myself, too. Hopefully it'll damage the part of my brain that makes me care or get the part that is logic driven.

Both aren't beneficial is world full of nuts - lol!

I once was taking apart an old digital camera trying to salvage components and got "bitten" by the flash capacitor a couple of times. Each time it woke me up and got my heart racing. I suspect the sudden flow of adrenaline had more to do with my mental state than the fact the stimulus was electricity.

1 Like

Yeah, got to be careful with those. They pack a quite a jolt. You can even kill yourself if your luck is bad enough. There are guides out there that detail how to safely discharge a capacitor.

And don't give him any ideas!

1 Like