I want to electrocute myself everyday

so guys i need your help. I get tired halfway through the day, i was wondering if i electrocuted myself around the time im tired i could get more done. This is a ridiculous idea i know however i came to it because the other day i electrocuted myself trying to put a plug into an outlet. It woke me up, it didn't hurt or anything just a little shock , i felt rejuvenated though. Since everyone on this website knows their shit i'm looking to you guys to help me safely jolt myself everyday.

1 Like

Um... Don't...
I mean you know your entire body works with electric signals, right? You basically stress your body by shocking it with electricity. Your heart contracts because of electric signals, your brain works with electric signals, shocking yourself intentionally messes up your entire organism.
Other than that I will just say, it's the current that damages you, not the voltage. 1A is more damaging that 100mA, even if the voltage is way higher.

5 Likes

Just don't, it's a very bad idea!

11 Likes

Im on mobile so im very limited in my research ability. But back in 2013 i swear i saw an article talking about applying a small amount of electrical current to certain parts of the brain makes that area more productive.

This is 2017 so this was a long time ago, and i may be wrong with what i said above. I do remember reading the article, so i know it exists. Its just about going out and finding it.

Also dont electrocute yourself.

PS. I thought this was one of those threads you make before you off yourself. I was going to post the prevention hotline number. You got me scared for nothing.

Edit: i have found it! http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/17/math-skills-electric-shock-brain_n_3291817.html

1 Like

40 years ago people cured homosexuality with brain electroshock as well...
I will repeat what I said before. Your entire body runs on electric signals. Messing with them is not a good idea at all...

4 Likes

It seems like this is something that could be improved with a different/improved diet.

5 Likes
2 Likes

Do meth, its safer

2 Likes

I see nothing wrong with sticking a 9 volt battery onto your tongue after a long work day to wake yourself up :^)

Edit: Stop masturbating, start lifting!

3 Likes

Get at least 8h of sleep, eat better and exercise and you'll be fine.

5 Likes

The total rage here now is microsleep. It seems to work remarkably well. There are lot of courses and even clinics where they teach people the right techniques. I don't need less sleep though lol, not really interested myself. I'm Ok with little sleep because I just don't need it, because it's in my genes, none of my ancestors needed much sleep that I know of. But I'm not OK with timing sleep, I'm not a robot or a cyborg, that kind of thing is way too assimilated for my blood lol

In general though, keep your left hand on your back when you touch things that might have electrical energy in them. It's an old valve amp technicians trick. If you get zapped, it is less likely to stop your heart that way.

5 Likes

Or you could eat healthier and have a shorter sleep cycle. I sleep 4-6 hours when I actually want to be active and its great.

Cringing while I witness the misuse of the word electrocute. (Death by electrical shock FYI).

Sleep is good for you.

4 Likes

fyi, the electricity didn't wake you up... being startled and your body dumping adrenaline into your system woke you up.

6 Likes

I have fixed the misspelled word! :grinning:

Anyway, the OP should let us know his decision, so that I know whether or not I have to rename him "Sparky" on the forum lol, and please, don't stop posting after that, because we'll know what happened and we'll be sad...

7 Likes

the studies about stimulating the brain all used very low amounts that you can barely feel. randomly electrocuting yourself with random amp/volt/wattages isnt a good idea for the same reason it's a bad idea on a motherboard. not every part has the same tolerances and you dont know what is fairly safe and what will kill you.
see the people who strangle themselves to get off. every now and then one of them dies.
or see the daredevils on motorcycles who are fine 90% of the time but die every now and again.
just because you did it and nothing bad happened doesnt make it a good idea and doesnt mean something wont happen next time.

1 Like

Good point... I 'll stick to 30 minutes of laying down at 6pm

i thought it was the electricity though because i felt like i did just when i woke up in the morning full of energy. Adrenalin feels different and so does caffeine.