I want a hybrid of ASUS 7950 GPU and a Nvidia card for PhysX

I just bought the ASUS Radeon HD 7950 3GB 384-bit GDDR5 for $275.00. I play Planetside 2 (PS2) and the day after I bought this card, Nvidia released a video of PS2 with the new PhysX. It looked so amazing and I was kicking myself for not spending the extra money to get a 670 or 680 for the PhysX. My friend told me that I can use a lower end Nvidia card with PhysX and use it as a PhysX card only while still using the 7950 as the GPU. My Questions are:

1) Has anyone done this before?

2) How well did it work?

3) What Nvidia card should I look at for a stand-alone Physx card?

4) What, if any, are the benefits of using a better Nvidia card like the 670 then a lower one like the 550ti or the 9800 GT?

5) Is there anything else I should know before attempting this?

Thanks for the help in advance!

Anyone?

Ok Il do this in a speed round answer thing: GO!!

1. Yes

2. Great

3. Look for 9600 gt

4. No it's only physx so it will work the same, having higher powered cards for physx is not recommended. More power consumption... Get a 9600 gt (as stated above)

5. To be sure get a 650w psu

45 seconds, new world record!!!

Wait, So I have a 6670 that I am using right now. I have a spare GT 520, could I use that for Physx?

Thanks! my friend has a 9800 that he was going to let me test with once the 7950 got here. i look forward to awesome graphics. i'll post on this thread with benchmarks (with and without the physx card) once i'm done.

If I remeber correctly you will need hybrid drivers though, let me see if I can find a link to the guy who is now mainting said drivers.

Here we go http://www.ngohq.com/graphic-cards/22136-how-to-fix-hybrid-physx-with-latest-physx-and-geforce-285-solved.html

Give that a good read.

i finaly got my evga 9600 installed for my hybrid... and Planetside2 uses physx3... has anyone seen a hack for it? this was the only reason i got the 9600. HELP!

specs: amd 8350, asus 7950 dcu2, evga 9600 gt, 16gb g.skill 1866, windows 7 home prem.