I thought I'd never ever be able to buy another NVIDIA card

After failing miserably trying to get a 3090 on Nvidia launch day last year. Silly me clicking the buttons in my browser 1 second after 9am eastern when the bots had all the doors covered :slight_smile:

I got an email from EVGA last week saying that I was next in line for an RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA and I had 20 hours to decide. After going thru all the hoops to prove that I wasn’t a bot the card is on its way.

I think it was Wendell that indicated several months ago that EVGA had this program so I signed up skeptically.

I will say thanks to EVGA for giving us the option to buy one but not at scalpers prices; also thanks for really actually providing a means of getting a card simply by getting in line. And thanks as always to Wendell.

Card arrives on Thursday. I’ll update here if there’s anything interesting.

-Vince

3 Likes

That is actually really good… It’s getting more and more insane, the GPU situation. Good for you and good luck with the GPU…

3 Likes

Holy shit, yeah! And just in time for Christmas too. I’m all set :upside_down_face:

Thanks man!

1 Like

I remember I was on teamspeak one night with a couple buddies and one mentioned the Newegg shuffle. I looked it up and the first time I entered I got picked for a 3070. I literally cried because of it.

kinda, you can get water cooled RX 6900 XT’s for less than the air cooled versions at $1500 and it will smoke everything but the 3090 and will do so with lower power usage.

Not on Europe you can’t…
Although there are a few 1500€ 6900XTs… There are 6800XTs that are more expensive than that. Not to mention 3080 is more expensive than 6900XT.
I noticed yesterday there are 6700XTs under 1000€ which wasn’t true last week.
Oh well… Let’s see what 6500XT will cost…

500€ ish?
MSRP prolly 400€

MSRP 200, real cost 400-450…
Also you are lucky… We have 6600XT all the way to 900 euros. I’m not even joking.

1 Like

yuck :frowning:

Makes the 6900xt seem like a value for performance.

2 Likes

6900XTs stay reliably 1500-2000 euros. There are 3070s that are more expensive…

May I ask from which country and when did you enter the queue list?
I have been in the queue since February and still waiting… EU though…

and not better than a 6900xt, which is crazy to me!

1 Like

USA. I don’t remember when I signed up because EVGA never sent me an acknowledgement email which made me even more skeptical. To figure out exactly when I’d have to figure out which YouTube video Wendell mentioned the EVGA waiting list.

-Vince

Major retailers in Germany always have most cards in stock, including Mindfactory which was linked above by @MazeFrame .

It’s more the price that isn’t an acceptable value to me. I’m certainly not paying a PC worth of money for a GPU. And then Nvidia has rather low memory across most models. I’m looking forward to low-end cards, preferably with passive cooling. It’s about time we get something better than a GT 1030 or IGP in that bracket.

2 Likes

I agree, dropping $2K on a graphics card is a lot but sometimes you gotta treat yourself. Some like buying an expensive fancy car.

I drive a cheap car that I’ve owned for 18 years and don’t think I’ll ever buy an expensive car so this particular indulgence seems reasonable to me. :wink:

-Vince

1 day early! WooHoo!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.