I think my graphics card is broken

Well It’s discoverable on the network, but I can’t push files to and fro because the folders aren’t showing up. May be I have to log in to the machine blidly first?

Another dumb idea just for lolz: disconnect all drives?

Done. Didn’t change anything.

Ok. So an update. I sent my 380 to my retailer and they “confirmed” that the card was working. They even sent me some benchmarks (the scores in those benchmarks were way too high btw. Suspicious). It is however not working at all.

So I drove over and borrowed one of my two GTX 680 that are in two of my family member’s computers and it worked perfectly in my computer.

In conclusion, either my retailer is lying to me to not have to honor the warranty, or my motherboard can’t supply sufficient power through the Pci-e port. I have experienced that AMD cards demand at least some power through the mb.

Maybe I should try the 380 in my brother’s computer. I don’t know anymore, but I’m happy that it was just the graphics card and not the whole system.

Not a bad idea. I doubt, however, the retailer would lie.

Have you cleared the CMOS? Always good to do when trouble shooting each step and on initial problem. Always start fresh.

Good advice. I also discovered one thing. The retailer sent me benchmarks of my card. The Unigine Valley Benchmark 1.0 with Extreme HD settings at 1080p 8xAA Fullscreen showed these results:

FPS: 84.0
Score: 3516
Min FPS: 8.0
Max FPS: 140.9

The CPU they used wa a Pentium G4560

Now compare that with this benchmark with the same exact same settings only with a better CPU:

They either tested the wrong card, or they’re lying. Incredible.

Even without any AA that score is easily 1000 points higher than a 380 should be.

1 Like

In case you’re in doubt. Here’s the piece of paper they sent. Incredible that a big company would lie to customers like that.

Try the card in a different system, better two. After that I would give those asshats a call, a solid one.

1 Like

Show them this and call bullshit: http://www.overclock.net/t/1360884/official-top-30-unigine-valley-benchmark-1-0

1 Like

I sent them links to various benchmarks and they seemed puzzled. They said “we don’t know what might have hapened, please send us the card so we can investigate”

I said I won’t send them the card as I don’t trust them anymore. I also told them that I’ve been a loyal customer until now and gave them some sternly written words.

I’ll test the 380 in my brother’s machine tomorrow and if it doesn’t work I’ll demand at least a refund.

So I tested the card in my brother’s computer and it’s not working there either. From the start the card has behaved weird. The fans go off and on sporadically.

It’s infuriating. I can’t trust my favorite ratailer. Please tell all norwegian forum members to never shop at komplett.no again.

I sent them some harsh words over email and now I’m waiting for their response.

2 Likes