I think I've bricked this router

oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck.

So i've had a WRT160Nv3 for a while now, running DDWRT. I decided to update today.

I read around, and checked that the flash of the router was 4mb, so i should be using a mini generic file. I used the dd-wrt.v24_mini_generic.bin fw to update. After updating, i was at this screen: http://s961.photobucket.com/albums/ae92/50calpotato/?action=view&current=rpiter.jpg I pressed continue, and nothing happened. I gave the router a good five minutes, then did a manual reboot. Nothing. No yellow light over the center button thingy, no firmware page willing to be opened.

I sure as hell hope I haven't turned this into a 100 dollar paperweight.

So what i'm wondering now is, is there any way to get this thing working? OR: It is not broken, and am I simply retarded? Is there a way to RMA it so Linksys doesn't suspect anything? Can i just TFTP it with stock linksys FW and bring it back from the dead?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide. (Qain, get in here LOL)

FOIJDSLKFJKLXCNKJMNVIAHUJROK JVL:kb;lkxvl;czBkz: XCOh my god, 30/30/30 just saved me. It's running default linksys fw now. One massive step backward i guess, then a tiny one forward. It'll be atleast 3 days before i build up the courage to reflash with ddwrt's first firmware they put out for the router, which worked. I don't think this thread should be locked, incase anything happens between now and then :P

First person to fix their router before I had a chance to say something.

First, always use IE to do the update.. (it's weird like that)

second... when those things hang like that...  pay attention to the lights on the router, NOT the screen.
The screen is a preloaded html file.

the lights tell you wonders.

Damn man, thanks for telling me about that IE thing. I read about that a looonnngg time ago and completely forgot about it :\

I'll take that in mind about watching out for the lights, thanks for the pointer :D

You would be surprised how many emails I get about this very topic, every week..

Hehehehe, I contributed to that back in August.

haha, me too in june :P

I think everyone was very interested in making their internets go faster.

Since then my WRT54G broke, randomly. I can't say I miss it. I purchased a NetGear WNR2000, is very fast, but not DDWRT supported.

aww damn, its just as disappointing as that time when I had my DIR655 and DDWRT was trying to make firmware for it, then it wasn't possible :(

aww damn, its just as disappointing as that time when I had my DIR655 and DDWRT was trying to make firmware for it, then it wasn't possible :(

I'm not very disappointed, The default firmware is pretty good, has QOS, and all that fun stuff. Also, it's very very fast. I heard that some other firmware upgrades work on it, and i'll probably get around to looking into that a bit more.

Awesome to know that netgear makes decent stock firmware, the stuff dlink puts out is just horrendous :I

Awesome to know that netgear makes decent stock firmware, the stuff dlink puts out is just horrendous :I