I think i broke my motherboard

Hey guys i'm building my first PC of course and i think i've already broke my motherboard.

The motherboard is a ASUS M5A99X Evo 2.0

when installing the processor i needed to open the lid with the leaver.

It was having trouble coming up when lifting the leaver gently and end up just breaking in pieces (the lid)

so the lid is in pieces and the leaver just has nothing to hold down.

Have i broke my motherboard?  

How the hell did you manage that?  Pics please.

From what you described then yes, it might be broken. But like deejeta said pics would help greatly so we can see the amount of damage.

I don't even know how it happened. Pics coming. but i have broken it because the processor cannot be held down?

I don't want to say definitely yes just yet. But if the CPU can not be properly held down with the pressure it needs than it might be a lost cause. I do have to ask how hard did you have to press? Motherboards are pretty tough but to break one like that is the first time I've heard of it.

FML dude. well seriously not hard AT all.. 

http://imgur.com/WfYmNHE&pDiVb6I&PBbnjWO

Well rma is out of the question. You would have to pay for the repairs.

Otherwise you can hold down the cpu by using the heatsink. Just be sure to be careful this time.

yeah that's gone

Yeah, I think its dead. Like I said without the proper pressure a CPU won't have the correct amount of contact with the motherboard. Even the CPU cooler will not put enough pressure since it's just to contact CPU and really nothing else. If you were to install the CPU and the cooler you would risk the CPU moving around and damaging the pins.

I'm sorry for your loss.

there goes 150$ for 1hour. i'm going to buy a new one and not build it. :P

It's worth trying an RMA. If you were having problems with the arm it could be a problems with how it was built. I've never seen one shatter like that. They might accept an RMA to repair or replace it. The worse they can do is deny your RMA it's worth a shot.