I plan to get into PC gaming sometime, what do games would you guys recommend?

In what way are they more RPG? If anything it is a story-driven action adventure sandbox. RPG must contain customizable character, ideally one that you yourself create. The only customization of characters in AC is different colors of his pretty pretty dress and the weapons that you buy in-game. If this is enough to be considered RPG, you could say, Counter-Strike GO is an RPG.

Bioshock infinite- great story and good graphics

The Walking dead- great story

The Wolf Among us- great story, interesting characters

Grey Goo- a really slow RTS with a more defensive focus compared to starcraft, great graphics, great campaign

Life is Strange- a 5 episode story driven game about a teenage girl who can reverse time

Awesomenauts- a 2D 3v3 MOBA with a great art style.

Assassin's Creed: Black Flag- a really fun 3rd person assassin pirate simulator with great graphics.

Assassin's Creed 3- a really interesting look into the american revolution, really fun hunting mechanics, season changes, and pretty good graphics

Smite- a 3rd person MOBA where you play as gods from several different mythologies, great graphics, about five game modes, new gods added every month or so. not pay2win at all.

Battlefield 3- really fun, really cheap

I don't consider customizable characters has the defining factor for a RPG. It's story and quests that put a game in the RPG zone for me.

unless they seriously patched it to almost a new game I cannot recommend Planetary Annihilation.

It still can't stand in the shadow of Supreme Command Forged Alliance and it wouldn't be allowed to even look towards Total Annihilation. Both maybe older but still far superior to Planetary Annihilation.

Story and quests alone don't make a game a rpg, there's leveling and lots of items too. Assassin's Creed doesn't even have rpg elements in it. Regarding your definition of "rpg" every game with a story and objectives could be considered a rpg. Every game that tells you to do something and wraps it in a story as of why you have to do it could be considered a rpg.

Thanks for all the feedback everyone. I'll look into those games and see if I'm interested at all :)

I would say look into steam and view some of the TotalBiscuit vids. Also, the wasd show on teksyndicate. The beauty of pc gaming is not just in its higher end and triple A titles, but in the diversity of indies. Granted, many of them are bad, but there are some diamonds that shine immensely.

Just as much as we suggest, make use of youtube channels that people suggest to keep up to date.

Also, try taking a look at Hearthstone. One of a few that regardless of genre, people usually like. Also no one else suggested it. Try giving us some likes and dislikes of games you know for us to better tailor a list for you.

Sam & Max series - funny point'n'click adventure games

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - nice action-rpg. reminds me of a mix between The Elder Scrolls and Fable

The Wolf Among Us - adventure game, very unique atmosphere and setting (even better if you know the comic it is based on - Fables)

Physics-based games:

Besiege. It's still in alpha, but god damn is it fun. Just do a youtube search of Besiege and you'll understand.

Worms series.

Open world / action adventure:

Middle-Earth - Shadow of Mordor. The open world and other gameplay is great in this, the graphics as well. The campaign story is a bit plain though.

Sleeping Dogs: like GTA, set in Hong Kong. You play as an undercover cop.

RTS:

StarCraft II and, if you don't mind vintage graphics, SC1 as well. SC2 has a mod called Mass Recall that recreates the SC1/Brood War campaign in SC2.

WarCraft III + The Frozen Throne expansion. Dated graphics but still awesome gameplay.

Commnand & Conquer series. Army Men series. 

Armies of Exigo: a little known RTS. Draws heavily from StarCraft and WarCraft if you don't mind.

Age of Mythology. Age of Empires series. Empire Earth series. Warlords Battlecry series.

Praetorians. Real-time tactics. Play as Roman legions.

Grey Goo. I haven't played it yet, so I can't recommend it per se, just let you know about it to do your own research on it.

FPS:

Crysis 3: because what's the fucking point of even owning a gaming PC if you're not going to play a game that best showcases a PC's performance? It's not just graphics though. It's a good FPS with good weapons, suit abilities and campaign levels.

Crysis 2: has an HD textures mod called Maldo HD that makes it look almost as good as Crysis 3.

Sniper - Ghost Warrior 2. Like Crysis, based on same engine, but you play as a sniper.

SWAT 4 and SWAT 3. This is the most realistic FPS game ever. Highly recommended. You have to use CQB tactics to survive/win. You can't just go around willy nilly like every other FPS in existence.

Deus Ex series.

Hitman Absolution (also, Hitman Blood Money)

Syndicate: short campaign, good weapons, cool "hacking" gameplay mechanic.

Battlefield 3, 4.

Metro series.

Sims:

Stronghold series. Real-time castle sim.

Civilization series.

Racing:

Death Rally (2012 reboot/remake, and original 1996 game): armed cars race.

Need For Speed series.

I would not recommend that anyone waste time playing Crysis 2 when Crysis is available. Crysis 2 is controller friendly tiny room/corridor garbage, I'd rather play F.E.A.R.

Oh sweet jesus.

Well, this is a pretty good question. There are a ton of good games for the PC that can be argued that should be experienced.

If you are more of a casual gamer, and have converted from consoles, first person shooters, and things similar, would be a great place to start.
So, with that said, here is a quick list of three such games:

1. Bioshock Infinite
  2. Tomb Raider
  3. Metro 2033 Redux

These three games are great single-player experiences with pretty good graphics. If you want more of a multiplayer experience, grab Battlefield 4.

If you want some games with more strategy and/or RPG elements:

1. Starcraft II
  2. Civilization: Beyond Earth
  3. Wasteland II
  4. Total War: Rome II

Trine II is also a fun little puzzle/adventure game.

If you are looking to build a PC game library go check out Humble Bundle and also Valves Steam for their sales that happen all the time on holidays. There are a ton of great games to be had for next to nothing. Also if you miss steam sale have a look on ebay for people selling game codes. Welcome to the party of PC gaming

So OP, did you get any of these games and try them? If so, thoughts?

If you like Cyber punk games you should try E.Y.E Divine Cybermancy. It's rough around the edges but its pretty fun to play.