I now truely know what irony means [windows]

If this was a solvable problem. I'd love to solve it!

Because honestly it really does seem like starting with a different install would fix it. But if he gave up on fixing it , then there's nothing to solve , it's just a rant , but not a justified rant. Even as a windows user and a linux hater I know windows as a whole is worse but it's definitely not because one machines gpu isn't working.

And from the sounds of it , 10 only had an issue with scsi and your wireless? am I to assume that means just using windows 10 fixed the gpu problem and left you with two much smaller problems?

1 Like

Mine came from dreamspark, which has the same image as the MS site so.... Meh.

Download errors are not all that uncommon. Id still try the direct image from Microsoft.

That's a fair point. Did you check the MD5 on the image you downloaded?

I personally think downloading it from the MS site would be the best bet though for all it would take...

2 Likes

Now that is irony!

2 Likes

Motherfuckers stop mocking OP.

Using the dreamspark image is perfectly fine; the same vanilla image.

2 Likes
4 Likes

According to mr emotion its a rooski hakkor plot

For antiquated hardware, yes.

4th gen xeons are antiques huh?

I think he made the same mistake I did, thinking you meant GTX580 not RX580.

1 Like

I dunno why he would, seeing as the GTX580 is completely irrelevant now.

Let's be fair and consider we are a minority concerned about video card compatibility, yes I know you're talking about the rx480.

The majority of users are trying to connect to their WiFi or setup an all in one printer scanner copier. I had to modify some acpi settings for my backlight to function. All new laptops are tried against windows, fewer people use desktops these days.

Let's not discount the features for the most basic of functionality. People buy an rgb keyboard to change the colors, not to install a second OS in order to maintain those features.

Things are always improving and I agree, at an astonishing rate. But I'd be willing to bet if I built a cutting edge PC there would be some bullshit in grub that would need to be added/changed/removed.

I know a few people still running GTX580s and are just happy as can be, some people run hardware until absolute death. (I do this, but I have GTX680s lol)