I need some help picking a new motherboard and CPU

I currently have an ASUS P5KPL-CM with 4GB of DDR2 (800MHz) socket LGA775 motherboard with a 2.5 GHz dual-core Pentium E5200, and I really want an upgrade.  I only want to buy a motherboard and CPU and new DDR3 RAM, but I don't know what to get.  So here's what I was thinking:  I'll tell you guys what type of specs I want, and you guys can help me out in finding what hardware can live up to that expectation for under $200 USD total for everything.

I want 16 Gigs of DDR3 RAM at 1600MHz (at least).  I want a CPU that is quad-core, 3 GHz and overclockable.  I have a 750-watt PSU (80+ bronze cert.), so no need to worry about power consumption.  I wanna have an Asus board, because they tend to overclock quite well.  I will be doing mostly gaming on this rig, but I also do a lot of work on After Effects, hence the need for a lot of RAM.  I have good thermal paste for the heat sink, which I'd imagine comes with the CPU.

Like I said, I'd like to try to keep it under $200 USD, but I can go about $10 over if it's reasonable.

I've had my current mobo and CPU etc. for 4 years now, and I recently upgraded my GPU from an AMD Radeon 3850 to an AMD radeon 7750.

From my understanding you want a motherboard, CPU and memory for 200? It can't happen. The 16 gigs of RAM will take over half of that budget. 

if you wait too long i wouldn't be surprised if you spent 200 on the ram alone https://teksyndicate.com/forum/other-hardware/did-ram-prices-go-again/153139

in all honesty you cannot manage this without horrible parts, or used and beaten

You're not going to get that for $200. more like $400.

You really should look at your expectations for a gaming rig, but if you're dead set on $200, this is the best I could find.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/xsqJ

You don't have to use those retailers, as the prices don't vary much for these parts.

$200 is not a lot and you will not need 16gbs of ram for gameing +16gbs of ram can cost you close to $200 on its own.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1EgIy

CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 750K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($79.99 @ Amazon)

Motherboard: ASRock FM2A75 Pro4-M Micro ATX FM2 Motherboard ($69.99 @ Amazon)

Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($57.99 @ Newegg)

Total: $207.97

Actually, these parts may work.  The RAM is mostly for After Effects, and I understand that 6GB of RAM is even a bit much just for gaming, but I like this particular given set of parts overall.  Is the CPU overclockable through the bios of this particular motherboard though?

So, I might just wait till next year to buy a new mobo etc. for $200 with these specs.  Probably towards christmas next year...  Damn, can't believe the price of DDR3 now.

If your on that tight of a budget you could get 8gbs now and when you have the money add some more. You don't get a lot for $200. And Asus makes great motherboards but in you budget I would be looking at what cheapest.

Okay, thanks for the advice.  I currently use an Asus board (the P5KPL-CM is the model), and it only supports 4GB of DDR2.