I need some advice on a first time build

Hi, im looking to change from console to pc, i curruntly own the Asus N55SF laptop with i5 ande nvidia gt555m. However, I have noticed i cannot play the latest games such as far cry 3 blood dragon even on very low.

I have been doing a lot of research and i have never built a pc before but thought that it would be quite fun and cheaper than buying a retail product.

Here are the components i have found. My price range is around £480, I have already bought a 24 inch monitor.

I ahve bought the coolermaster elite 400 case already for about £35 incl. shipping.

I would really appreciate it if you could give me some advice on the fcomponents as i am still undecided on what to purchase. Bare in mind that windows 7 needs to be included in the cost as i dont own a product key.

i3 2100

ASUS P8B75-V

Patriot viper 2x4gb 1600mhz ram

1tb seagate barracuda 7200rpm

Lite on cd rom

Gigabyte hd radeon 7770 1gb (upgrading in the future) 

Corsair Builder 600x 80 + power supply

Windows 7

Total: £488 (can go to £520 at a push

Thanks again. 

Looks good, but don't expect miracles. It seems like a balanced build. If you want to mix up things you could change the memory. The higher frequency isn't going to change anything, a 1333MHz kit is fine. 8GB isn't overkill but I wouldn't go higher. You don't need a 600 watt PSU for that system. It won't ever draw more than 400 watts. A 400 to 500, cheaper but stil 80+ PSU might be better.

The money you save could be used to go for a higher end GPU. And I would also go quadcore, it's the way of the future and games will have more support for it in the future.

Maybe an amd FX 4350 and a 7850...
Good luck! 

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/14fcY

thanks