I need New Coffee To try

this is what i drink at home

out and about i like, coffee bean, peets, blue bottle, stump town coffee and intelligentsia

1 Like

I tend to think you can catch more flavor with lighter roasts.
I like strong coffee, but the lighter roasts, even if they're watered down, seem to have more flavor.

Starbuck does big business, but they they burn their beans, and everything tastes the same.

Temperature can have a pretty big effect on coffee, as well as the grind.

Every year Caribou gets this stuff called La Minita, or Pea Berry. Trader Joes gets Pea Berry too. It's crazy seasons stuff, and like crazy strong. More than one cup after noon, and I might not sleep. But the flavor is SOOO good. When it's in season I will literally buy bags.

Italian coffee, with bailleys is fucking great. haha

I tried so many ways of preparing coffee but now I drink Espresso only. I prefer italian espresso. For the home espresso machine I purchase only Lavazza (the only italian brand of espresso I have found in NYC) but Bristot is also great.

Well... taste is subjective, right? so it depends what you want. It sounds like what you need to do, is just go to the store and buy as many different types of coffee till you find something that you like, and is actually available to you.

But, as for my coffee kung-fu:
(I like a strong & aromatic coffee)

Beans: Ten Thousand Villages': French Roast (freshly ground) Good coffee, good karma, and probably out of your price range 14.95$CAD/bag. But worth it.

I agree with a few of the other posts here in that, a good cup of coffee is more than beans.

an other suggestion, avoid cream or sugar.

• Cream will curdle in your gut, and cause you heart burn

• Sugar... the more refined sugar you cut from your diet, the better things will go for you later in life. Also, I've found that when you choose, and use good quality ingredients, bean's in this case, I've found that sugar just takes away and covers up the real flavors that... just taste better.

i heard about a interesting way to brew coffee by putting the beans in a glass jar with ice and water over night and letting it slowly brew all night. supposed to be less bitter and very storng.
credits to cory doctrow

Kenyan coffee for life

1 Like

There's nothing better than Blue Bottle Coffee. Being a Chicagoan, I'm also partial to local roasters Bowtruss and also Dark Matter.

This is more of a LifeHack than a suggestion.

I used to work at Black & Decker Household Products in the Industrial Design dept. The labs would test can openers opening hundreds of big cans of Maxwell House and throwing it all away, so we would steal that crap. I never understood why wouldn't they just get empty cans. Ironically, even though we made coffeemakers and had free coffee we were not allowed to brew our own. We had to buy if from the cafeteria because they knew our coffeemakers would leak all over the carpet. Full disclosure: Black & Decker Household Products (Applica) is no longer B&D. It is owned by Windmere in China and they pay B&D to use their logo. We would design good products and Chinese manufacturing would ruin it. The Chinese are amazing at using low-tech methods and instead of using machinery they would just throw people at the problem. For example, the toaster ovens are painted using spray cans by people not wearing masks. The stuff is good American design, but don't expect it to last. I still use my 4th Black & Decker coffeemaker though, because I helped design it and it looks nice. We had a joke "If the blade in your B&D saw gets dull, buy a new saw."

In order to make the Maxwell House taste good I would blend CAFE BUSTELLO espresso rocket fuel with the cheap coffee. I got in the habit of mixing generic supermarket coffee with tasty espresso. Use a 2 coffee to 1 espresso ratio.

I like my coffee more on the mild side because it does upset my stomach in general. Crown Beverages Emperor Roast. It is pretty cheap and usually used as the free coffee in restaurants but I like that it has a mild flavor and not as acidic as some of the stronger stuff. I drink it straight, goes well with breakfast.

The rest of my family makes stuff with a Keurig which I refuse to use because everything tastes awful from it and their DRM shenanigans.

I like Walmart Columbian and add two heaping spoonfulls of GV Vanilla cappuccino mix and some half n half.
The cafe bustelo is great and its dirt cheap.
They say the pump cappuccino maker is better then the cheaper steam pressure one but I can't tell the difference. PA well water is not kind to coffee makers.

when i was growing up, my mother was one of only 2 Master Roasters in Australia, we had 3 25kg roasters in operation.... imported beans from all over the world.... miss that caliber of freshly roasted/ground coffee.... im now a constantly unsatisfied addict, and like most addicts, I blame my parents.

And i must add, out of everywhere i have ever been, the average coffee in Australia is better than most places i have been in the world, not saying you can't get a good cup everywhere, but rather that the everywhere has good coffee here in comparison to everywhere i have been... I would go so far as to call 90% of Australians coffee snobs...

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=australians+coffee+snobs&t=ffab

hahaha just looked up "Australian coffee snobs" haha

I usually get my coffee from Coffee Fool, they have a great selection of flavors that are all great quality (leaps and bounds beyond Starbucks IMO)

I found a local coffee shop that sells fair trade coffee. I'm happy with it.

When I worked as a waiter for a Cuban Restaurant we made coffee out of Bustelo Supreme coffee beans, it's really good and they do have an instant coffee version of it.

New recipe for sweet coffee not bitter one, it's my wish.

https://www.infowarsstore.com/patriot-blend-100-organic-coffee.html