[✓]I need more knowledge to kill my console

List of stupid questions :

1.is it ok to plug in a power strip like 4 PSU each pulling like 500W in addition to a tv , a monitor , a console , a router , a phone charger and a printer ; Or PSUs should be plugged directly to the wall ?

2.What's the deal whit Hyper-threading , a 2 cores Intel  whit HT would act like a 4 cores AMD ? Does it increase single threaded performance

thanks

First of all, I think a single wall outlet is limited to about 1800W (~15amps @ 120v AC). Bear in mind that most devices run on DC power (not AC) and power supplies aren't 100% efficient at converting, so you can't just add up 1800w of DC power. Taking into account the overhead of AC/DC conversion, you can only pull 1400w-1450w of DC power, assuming your power supplies are at least 81% efficient at 100% load (80plus Bronze certified). Most power supplies aren't that efficient. If you try an pull more from the wall, you're bound to blow something out (or at least trip a circuit breaker).

So no, you can't plug in 4 computers @ 500w, regardless of surge protector. Do some math (wattage = amperage x voltage), spread the load, and hope the electric company doesn't rape your wallet.

Hyper-Threading is Intel's technology that allows better utilization of a single core. Intel does this by making each physical core appear as two logical cores. This allows a single core to work on two threads (think of threads as data highways) simultaneously. The best analogy I can think of is eating: a physical core is like your mouth, and process work (or food) by chewing. Your hands are a logical core that can feed data (or food) to your mouth. You can eat fairly quickly with one hand. Now, if you use both hands to feed your one mouth, you can eat and chew faster - while one hand retrieves more food/data, the other hand is feeding, reducing the time the core/mouth spends waiting on new food/data. It's not as good as a native dual-core, or having two mouths, but it's better than eating with just one hand (ie non-Hyper-Threaded core).

About hyper-threading:

Hyper-threading (SMT) is a technology to let 2 threads run simultaneously on 1 core. None of the threads are giving priority over the other, despity what rumours say.

AMD is using a cluster-core technology (CMT) which is essentially a core with duplicated components. Like integer and memory pipelines.

CMT and SMT aren't meant to compete, and are in use for different reasons.

Hyperthreading works to increase performance efficiency and increasing throughput.

Where the cluster-architecture(modules) are trying to be space-efficient and tries to cut out many of the redundant parts of a core.

You can say that it will act like a 4 core, but not as a AMD 4 core.

It doesn't increase single-threaded performance, it might actually degrease it slightly.

230v@50hz*16a=3680W

i can pull 3680W max from each wall outlet or 3680W max from all the circuit ?

and for Hyper-threading if each physical core appear as two logical cores, then an Intel 4 cores HT and an AMD 4 cores (whit the same clock speed and other speed stuff that i don't understand) both will have nearly the same performance even in non optimized multi-core use , and a 8 cores AMD will destroy a 4cores Intel in a multi-core optimized scenario, right?

No, it is far from that simple.

There are some rather big difference between piledriver and haswell.

With the same clock-speed piledriver wont pull of anything.

A Haswell core is better than a piledriver module. (A module is 2 core).

mmm i think know enough about HT , i will just watch benchmarks to compare whit AMD, thanks 

You also have to consider that the 16A (or 11A or 20A...) rating goes for everything connected to the fuse. So, even though I have 12 outlets in my room, I still can't have like 6 1000W systems running at the same time with each one plugged in into a different outlet. 

230v@50hz*16a=3680W

i can pull 3680W max from each wall outlet or 3680W max from all the circuit ?

Ok so 3680W max from all the circuit

but i have a last questions : in short can i plug a power strip into another power strip ? 

As long as you dont have them both filled up, and only need it for distance, then yes.

Better get this one : http://www.amazon.com/Outlets-Compact-Protector-Discontinued-Manufacturer/dp/B000HPZ97W/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1396367927&sr=1-1&keywords=power+strip

Thanks all for your answers