I need help on a new Graphics Card

Hey guys so I have this mother board here http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157331 and I was wondering if I could get the HIS Radeon HD 7870 2GB Video Card. The build IO currently have os the old 500 dollar build he did and I just want to get a graphics card. Or the EVGA SuperClocked GeForce GTX 660 2GB card? I have a 500 watt power supply bronze certified. I could really use the help. Thanks guys.

that psu should be fine with those cards, i would recommend a 650W but however, as long as your PSU is a good build you should be ok, have fun deciding on which one to get and what brand XD

500W is more then enough for those cards. p.s 7870 is the better card.

Oh okay man thanks and one last question the 3.0 is backwards compatible correct? Since I have the 2.0.

Yes, you can indeed use a 3.0 card in a 2.0 slot. I'd just recommend trying to run at x16, where there's no bottleneck. I believe a little occurs when running at x8.

yeah no problem, there isn´t any gpu that can fully utilize the speed of pci-e 2.0 yet, so there is totaly no problem. pci-e 3.0 is basicly just a higher number. it would not effect anything with a single gpu.

Offtopic:

Pci-e 3.0 is offcourse diffrent, because it has a bandwith of 32Gb/s instead of 16Gb/s on pci-e 2.0. but this diffrence is basicly only interresting if you talk about socket 2011 ivybridge-E setups with triple or quad CF/Sli setups. or fast pci-e raid controller setups. But thats a total diffrent story.

Oh okay and thanks man. Yeah the only thing I'm going to use it mainly for is to render faster videos. Also my games lol.