I need books to read

Recently i have been really into wanting to start to read books. I dont care what Genre they are i just want a good book that will keep me interested through the whole book and maybe even have a sequal to read.

Sunday im probably going to go to my local library or bookstore to pick a few books put im already thought of some books ive wanted to get started.

Series of books i would like to read 

-Game of Thrones series

-The Dark Tower Series

-The Hunger game Series

-Inheritance Cycle (Eregon series i like to call)

-The mortal instruments Series

So far these are the series of books that i am interested in but i would like to know everyone elses opinions and suggestions on books that i could possibly start reading im open to anything.

Some books that I really loved are

One flew over the cuckoo's nest by Ken Kesey 
Read this book in one sitting and I was drunk depressed. I didn't even realise that it was already dawn. It's mostly comedy but the ending will tear you a new one.

Lord of the RIngs and The Hobbit by JRR Tolkkien 
If you like fantasy like Game of Thrones you should check out this one.  

Crime and Punishment & The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoyevsky 
Russian classics. Pretty long winded stuff; read if you have the time for it.

Les Miserables by Victor Hugo 
Leo Tolstoy called it "the best novel in western literature" which leads us to

War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy 
People say you don't read war and peace, you live it...

Nineteen Eighty Four by George Orwell 
In light of recent events and the direction the world is heading in.

The Moor's Last Sigh by Salman Rushdie 
A compelling book about coming of age in an eccentric family. 

These are the ones I can think of right now since you are not limited by genre.

Thank you i am definitely adding The Wheel of Time series to my list. I will eventually own the complete set but for now ill proably just buy 1 or 2 at a time. i did plan on buying atleast one complete se or so far what has come out in the series and im probably going to start with Game of Thrones.

Thank you, I dont know why but i could never really get into the Lord of the Rings books but i do want to give the ma chance again.

The Kingkiller Chronicles by Patrick Rothfuss

1. Name of the Wind

2. A Wise Man's Fear

Trilogy with two books released so far and the last book might be released next year.
Don't know anyone who has read them and didn't like them.

Oh also Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
good stuff 

I personaly like:

-The "Vlad Taltos" series by Steven Brust (quite a few books, Most are based on an Assassin in a fantasy land)

-"The Dresden Files" Series by Jim Butcher (about a wizard in Chicago, as far as I can tell)

Good Omens -first 2 mins- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4RCNht8eMk

I've read a fair bit a books for people far younger then me but they really are excellent books. Anyways here is a list of great books that I have enjoy very much. 

Metro: 2033 - Dimitry Glukhovsky ( A post-apocalyptic journy through Russia Metro System, a highly recommended book. )

The Unkown Hitler - Wulf Shcwarzwaller ( a biography and insight and Hitler. )

Pavel & I - Dan Vyleta ( A spy thriller and not everything is how it seems )

The world of Eldaterra - P.R Moredun ( A book about a case of mysterious murders of pregnant women and about the journy of a boy in a other time. Both stories are at different times but remain connected. A children book but a very good read. )

Endymion Spring -  Matthew Skelton ( A young teenagers book but a very good story about literature and fantasy. )

Anything really by Clive Cussler. An amazing writer about things sunken below the sea and just good history lessons with some story.

Will add more.

I have never read the novel One flew over the cuckoo's nest, but the movie is a 5 out of 5 stars. I highly recommend it.

You might like the Septimus Heap series by Angie Sage, Fablehaven by Brandon Mull, Ranger's Apprentice by John Flanagan, Erec Rex by Kaza Kingsley, Leven Thumps by Obert Skye, The Bartimaeus Trilogy by Jonathan Stroud, the Seven Realms series and the Heir series by Cinda Williams Chima, and the Artemis Fowl series by Eoin Colfer. All of these are amaaaaazing. Most of these take place in sort of medieval eras.

I was gonna recomend the Dark Tower series, by Stephen king. But i see you already have that listed. I'm not much of a reader but i managed to come across the first 3 books in the series while i was incarcerated for a few months, And they are definately worth reading.

Confessions of an Economic Hitman by John Perkins

Really nice thing and you can learn a couple of things about the world you live in.

Look up Garth Nix! He's a really awesome writer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Kingdom_series

That is my absolute book series.

For more easy reading, his Seventh Tower series is kinda fun.

Personally, I'd read Battle Royale over the Hunger Games. It's written for more mature audiences and it's much more detailed and amazing.

Sandstorm by James Rollins is an excellent book, one of my favourites. His SIGMA Force series is very good. They're super fast paced and action packed, I can't put his books down.

The Godfather by Mario Puzo is must read. The movies aren't even close to the book in my opinion, though excellent as well. It's my all time favourite book.

If i am not mistaken there is already lord of the rings book try to read it.

I can definitely recommend the 'Forever Wars' (listened to the audiobook) and also the culture series by ian.m.banks. Also terry pratchet books are pretty good, there is a movie called terry pratchett colour of magic if you want to get a taste.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvw-2_OKev0

I'm going to recommend 'The Master and Margarita' by Mikhail Bulgakov.  It isn't a series but it's probably my favorite book.  It's sort of a satire based around Satan visiting the Soviet Union.  I say sort of because it's not easy to categorize.  It has elements of many different genres all rolled into one fantastic book.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Master_and_Margarita

Little Brother. You'll find it relevant to now a days

Empire, and Hidden Empire by Orson Scott Card are good reads, also 61 Hours is good by Lee Child, also Dan Browns books are good reads if you haven't already read them.

They are already out and you can find them in any book store,lately i am also enjoying reading books and some news paper stuff.In Helsinki where i was born my father love reading news paper or sanomalehtimedia every morning which his day is not complete for not reading a news and other things happening in this world and his country.