I need a new mobile phone - which one of these should i pick up? [resolved]

Yep, it seems to be the most solid option right now.
And i’m not one to keep warranties intact, i’m not a fan of TouchWiz either, i think if i pick it up i’ll throw some LineageOS or AOSPextended on it.

1 Like

The Mi Mix is a fair deal on there.

1 Like

The one you linked has a broken screen (“c/ tela trincada”)…

Oh, I see. This is like Ebay.

What is your currency called?

Brazilian Real (brl)

Man I’m looking around and the S7 is still looking like the best option to me, but I don’t know any think about Xiaomi. I know their ROM (MIUI) looks a lot like my Huawei ROM (EMUI) which I didn’t like. The battery optimizations of that ROM would kill every thing, so I would never get notifications.

Possibly the Note 5 (I love phablets). It’s cheaper and seemingly just as fast, but no expandable storage or water resistances.

I set up a comparison between the two phones on GSMArena
https://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=7821&idPhone2=7431

Also the stylus is way more useful than people give it credit. It does much more then just being an alternative to your finger. It’s a full fledged Wacom pen.

1 Like

It’s not on your list, but I have a de-googled Mi Max. Goes well and the basttery lasts for days. Almost anything from Xiaomi is cheap and quite good value. If you value your privacy, I’d want to axe its stock firmware ASAP.

1 Like

That is a nice price indeed, it used but its from a trusted reseller, i’ll take a closer look!

1 Like

I had a Mi Max 2 on my little list.

Read that as Mi Mix. My mistake.

The pen can highlight text from apps that don’t normally allow it like YouTube, and it’s got even more useful tricks it can do. If you have any questions about the pen, feel free to hit me up.

1 Like

I’ll have to look further and see if i can find one in better shape, the ML add states that the phone has a lot of scratches, dings and a screen crack on one of the sides, but i think i’ll manage to find another one.
Thanks a lot for the tip!

1 Like

No problem.

I scrolled down to read the description, but yeah, I cant read that and the pictures didn’t help either.

1 Like

No problem, i’ll hunt one down on the local classifieds, i think this model sold quite well here in Brazil.

1 Like

Ive got the S7 and LOVE it, battery lasts 1 1/2 - 2 days with mild to heavy use and screams along!

1 Like

I would go with the Zenfone 3 zoom. The picture quality is absolutely incredible on it and it can handle just about everything else at least fairly well. Also, Asus’s ZenUI is pretty beautiful.

1 Like

Samsung Galaxy S7 (non-Edge version) - R$1600
I know very little about Xiaomi , and for the ZTE Axon 7, i don’t like it sine Its equipment is not comprehensive, but in the amount of data security is very good, as for Samsung, I used it two years ago,now, the Samsung have enhanced, won’t appear similar to spontaneous combustion or blast , Why isn’t there an iPhone? Even if it’s expensive, but in some ways it’s better than Android phones,Since I switched from Samsung to iPhone, that’s what I think.

I was about to switch to Android… but Google has been evil as hell lately.
The iPhone SE can sometimes be had for a pretty low cost and it’s decent.

1 Like

Every company is evil, no getting around it

1 Like