I need a Build For CS:GO

I was wondering what PC Build is good for CS:GO and will get 200+ FPS

Budget: $700-1000
Uses: Gaming/ Little bit of Streaming

http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/

this is going to be more than enough for CS:GO

FYI unless you have a 200Hz+ panel, you're not going to see any benefit from having +200fps for reaction speeds.

@SubtleChanges, that's not a permalink.

This. It's even debatable if the human eye can tell the difference with anything above 120 frames. I don't even think there are monitors that have 200Hz refresh rates. The most I've seen is 144Hz

Edit: You can pretty much build any pc and it'll run CSGO at high frames anyways.

I can tell you there is most certainly a difference in feel of the game being rendered at 200-300 frames vs 60 frames both at 60 Hz. It doesn't take much to get these frames though. A 760 certainly drives it well at 1080. You will want Intel nics on your motherboard.

@SpaceCat @Luluser Guys, EIZO has been making 240hz,1080p panels for years. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GBG5SPO/?tag=pcpapi-20

If you are going to be playing on a 144hz or 240hz screen, you'll want to have a really high fps number. Especially since losing a frame during a gun fight can mess everything up. So if you don't already have a 144hz screen, this is the build for you: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/x28N7P If you don't want a 144hz screen or this is just your pc budget and you'll have a separate one for your panel, this is the best pc you can buy for cs at $1000: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Ch3T7P

I'm aware, I'm just stating that there's no point if he/she's on a 60Hz panel - and so if they wanted to actually benefit from stupid high frame rates, they'd need a 200Hz+ panel - which they might be able to fit in that budget (well, not really, a 144Hz probably).

Actually, there is a notable difference between running CS:GO at higher framerates than your monitor supports.

This is because your monitor just draws whatever is the most recent frame, no matter what frame it started at meaning the bottom part of your monitor can be 5 frames more recent than the top, which is good.

Also, for commands it's important to have a high framerate.

1 Like

I didn't know CS:GO players actually saw screen tearing as a tactical advantage, weird. shrugs

There isn't much tearing on that framerate on a 60hrtz panel but yea, performance over looks. There's players playing at stretched 4:3 because of some slight advantages with that.

If "the bottom part of your monitor" is "5 frames more recent than the top", you're literally going to have five tears running across your screen...

As an avid CSGO player your better to have your fps above 100fps due to weird fps moments in certain maps and such. I am in creating a build for him but PcPartPicker or my internet is being a dick to me

The tears aren't that big, that's my point. In flicks it will be but you're obviously changing the whole image at once anyways.

Here is my build. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/XXCYBm

You won't be able to see 200fps. Do you at least have a 144hz monitor?

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type|Item|Price
:----|:----|:----
CPU | AMD FX-8320E 3.2GHz 8-Core Processor | $132.98 @ Newegg
CPU Cooler | CRYORIG H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler | $32.50 @ Newegg
Motherboard | MSI 970 GAMING ATX AM3+ Motherboard | $74.24 @ Newegg
Memory | Kingston Fury Red Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory | $60.99 @ Amazon
Storage | Mushkin ECO2 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive | $55.98 @ Newegg
Storage | Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive | $52.59 @ Directron
Storage | Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive | $52.59 @ Directron
Video Card | MSI GeForce GTX 960 2GB Video Card | $196.98 @ Newegg
Case | Corsair 100R ATX Mid Tower Case | $47.99 @ Micro Center
Power Supply | EVGA SuperNOVA GS 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply | $69.99 @ NCIX US
| Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts |
| Total (before mail-in rebates) | $864.42
| Mail-in rebates | -$35.00
| Total | $829.42
| Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-05-17 08:57 EDT-0400 |

I was just about to say, for streaming, it might be worth going down the AMD route.
I wouldn't waste so much on those WD blues though, loose two of them and you've got $100 spare to put into your GPU.

CSGO is a CPU dependant game which mean it requires a lot from the cpu which AMD currently struggles with this game. I have experience this which means that you will not be hitting the fps cap with any AMD cpu. As for streaming csgo is still the same but less fps though but more fps than amd while streaming imho.

You can make a computer with bubble gum, a tooth pick, and a paper clip and it can run CS:GO

1 Like

As far as running the game itself, you want to be running at 1280x1024 stretched. Something like a 760 (not sure what the best bang for your buck card is right now, I don't follow hardware that much) should be plenty for that. You want to invest in a GOOD mouse, keyboard, and headset. As long as the PC can run the game at 120fps locked you will be fine. Never use v-sync when playing CS:GO as it causes very noticeable input delay. If you cap your frames at 120 so that they cannot fluctuate, you will hardly notice any tearing. I'd spend 5-600 on the PC itself, then whatever you can on peripherals. As for mice, a Razer DeathAdder (though I am not a particular fan of Razer shit, the DeathAdder is a pretty good product), or maybe a Zowie FK1. Don't worry about DPI, you don't need anything higher than 800. Most (good) people play with about 400 DPI and 1-2 in game sensitivity with no acceleration. As for a headset, avoid your Razer/Turtle Beach/etc. junk. Get some Audio Technica's or some Sennheiser's. If you prefer open back headphones, I'd recommend the Audio Technica AD-700's. For closed back I'd recommend the Sennheiser PC 350's. They also come with a mic. I have owned both of these headsets and they are phenomenal as far as positional audio and clarity. Keyboards are personal preference, just get a mechanical one as you want to avoid misclicks. Blue or red switches will do you nicely.

One more thing to note, when playing, set your speaker type to headphones, I see a lot of people playing with it set to 5.1 or whatever and you really don't want that.