I need a $60 wireless-router that help me with lag problems

I am looking for a $60 router to play games without lag, I dont mind flash the router with a custom ROM and configure QoS.

1 Like

I hope by router you don’t mean “wireless router”.
The Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X might be a good choice. You might have to do some configuration, but there is a good community that can help you.

yep I ment it jajaja I should be more specific sry

me too :slight_smile:
Screenshot (557)

If it’s a desktop PC, you may want to look into ethernet (if possible), or Powerline. I personally use powerline, and latency is incredibly low, however, so is transfer speed.

Look on eBay and try and find a V2 update to latest firmware and you should be ready to go.

1 Like

Land lines are always the best. Recently went trough to trouble of installing a direct line from the front of the house where the main router is, all the way to my back room. It’s totally worth it.

Powerline adapters are really dependent on you electrical installation, so your luck may be different from others.

As for the lag in wireless, it can be many things. Not saying you can have a lag-free wireless setup, but it is possible to configure and tweak for a better experience. It’s better if you describe your setup and devices being used.

now this may be presumptive, but are you saying that your current router is causing lag in games?
Because I seriously doubt that, unless you have something really old, like a WRT54G or older.

I’m willing to bet that any lag that you are experiencing is due to some other factor.

Yea id agree with netbandit.
pretty much all routers can handle any traffic from gaming, you’d need a redicules WAN connection for old hardware to become a bottleneck, and at that point id hardly call it lag, but rather impatience.
Unless you’re using wireless tech, which just opens up a pandoras box of lag problems(allways go with the wire, allways. especially for gaming).
else You got a security problem somewhere, like a virus uploading data, or such.
If i were you id try the old wireshark route before investing in a new router, get to know the problem before throwing money at it.

1 Like

Depending on where you live in the world obviously. And presuming youre looking for an all in one not just a router.

I would do a bit of research on the ISP provided router. Firstly make sure you have the newest one they offer. If its not try call them for a free one. If they wont send a free one I find ISP provided all in ones tend to be under your 60 dollar price and can be a huge upgrade to an older model and are plug and play.

You should also consider wired networking if you are not already wired. WIFI can be awesome at 5ft away from the box but even then a wire would be better. as the distance from the AP increases the wire stays constant and wireless tails off dramatically in strength.