I missed this Bill Nye Youtube Blow Up

What you mean is an expert system.

Something that can be used as a data gathering platform to help experts make informed decisions is the only way to make this work. To defer the entire decision making is to defer responsibility to enslave ourselves and become blind followers.

Humans should make decisions at the behest of other humans they are elected through and responsible towards. To delegate this role to a machine would break this relationship.

Would we be voting for different machines too then? What a dystopian world that would become.

In your example it is. The educational curriculum is supplied by the state.

But that's not a binary system. Certainly not across the globe the richest people in society barely attained any meaningful qualifications.. should they be marked as failures and have punishment for not believing or learning what the state has mandated as accepted science ?

Remember im talking about thoughts here not regulations. And just to clarify im talking (still) about the approach of punishing someone physically for not thinking ' right ' rather than having an open discussion.

Is there a need to vote at all? We all need the same stuff.

The way I would define the limit for not 'thinking right' is when the so called 'incorrect thinking' is starting to have direct harmful effects & consequences towards others and they can be proven so beyond all doubt.

For example dangerous cults, violent religious fundamentalists, businesses creating environmental damages such as oil spills etc.

There are existing laws and regulations for this and in the near to far future when pollution is sufficiently high, behavior that negatively affects the environment being punished will likely become more commonplace.

However the very idea of punishing 'thought crime' as you state it is ludicrous at best.

Have you ever heard of the illusion of choice & control?

Now is a good time to read about it.

You answered your own point.

Ok we could argue a law should be violent ( capital punishment for instance ) but typically the softer and more meaningful approach is to regulate the industries who have the most effect of change.. Now, taking as you say the ludicrous notion of thought criming people for not believing in water rising would mean we physically punish the CEO. What kind of successful capitalist economy thrives with this kind of approach?

So my original gripe with @Tjj226_Angel stance was that regulation and law can do the work as you said. Education can do the work. Physical punishment and degrading of the individual has no place in a civil society and reduces it to authoritarianism. It creates a backward motion and can actually be more damaging.

There is no poetry in violence.

^^ I did not make that point of punishing bad thoughts. Someone else here did.

As for the current economic system, as a rule it is generally binary.

Those who do bad get little to no reward, those who do well get a reward.

Now if we look at the top richest people (1%) we can easily see that the system of action and reward as a general rule affects at least 90% of the world population, why else would we even be driven to succeed if that was not the case?

Now do not forget that many 'dumb/bad' people that are rich today, are not necessarily rich because the rule did not apply, but rather that the rule works indiscriminately because:

"What is good is not universally defined, but rather defined by who is providing the reward".

This is how corruption works.

I know, but you picked up on a bit from my post which was explaining such things hence i thought id give you an answer in that context.

1 Like

Do you have a source for this? Because this is saying that gender can be made through environment. Which gives credit to conversation therapy which tries to fix poor upbringing that made you the wrong gender. It also gives credit to the notion that gay couples shouldn't have children as the environment and upbringing would turn their children gay, since orientation would logically also come under the result of environmental or poor mental state factors.

But I have a feeling there isn't any studies that show that gender or orientation are environmental or negative mental states.

Is gender or orientation a choice (environmentally​ manipulated or not) or is it assigned (for lack of a better word) at birth?

It's poor evidence but I personally don't know any non straight or other non standard gendered person who's decided to change back to straight or gender aligning with sex by choice, and I don't know any who's have successful conversation therapy, which should be successful if it manifests it's self by environment or other controllable manipulating factors.

As far as I'm aware these areas haven't been very well studied compared to many other areas or more obvious ones like sex. But as far as I'm aware there isnt significant evidence that gender or orientation is a chocies of any sort ( discounting for minor variances in people who have been heavily and deliberately manipulated from childhood, though even then that doesn't​ work (see any gay person who didn't say anything until they were safe to do so))

I see what your saying now.

It is much much more complicated than that and has to do with early brain development in babies before age 3-4. If you go rummaging around the linked Wikipedia article references and google scholar I'm sure you can easily plenty of sources.

But as for gay couples having gay babies, this is not conclusively so with any certainty (brain science is the most complicated science) as babies do not appear to get their gender selection from their parents. Which makes sense if you consider that for most parents there is a male and female party involved. Which would make the chances for most people a 50/50 gender. But that is not the case either.

Gender is not assigned at birth, sex is. Individuals such as cross-dressers(transvestites) or transgenders may often decide to change their gender temporarily(some performers) or permanently in either a purely behavioral or also physical way. Often this can happen later in life due to social pressures and shifts in hormonal stability (these affect brain and physical properties) as well that may be caused by outside environmental influences and their effects on body chemistry.

This is one of the problems often looked at in gender studies & psychology and it can be a pretty ambiguous one because making such a choice is a very difficult one that takes a lot of conviction and self belief in your chosen identity so much so and to the point that those who chose it will convince themselves that this is who they are, who they want to be who they have always been. Many become very emotionally invested in it, similarly to how people for example may sometimes blame themselves for something terrible that happened to somebody even though it was out of their control, or as a more extreme example, victims of domestic violence often blame themselves for what is happening to them. So do transgenders and gays, lesbians, queers etc not really see it as a choice, but rather as just "being themselves" who they are. For many it is an emotional 'choice' in that sense rather than a conscious logical/mental decision. In the same sense however it is also completely possible for someone to intentionally consciously chose to transition genders and many do that aswell.

It's a complex topic and one not well given to simple answers, everything has nuances and exceptions due to the complexity of humans and human behavior. Most of the references material I have is from a list of ebooks. I'll list them sometime if someone also want's to read them, It's a lot and not exactly light reading material.

Right now I've got quite a headache and should probably best be going to bed.

Education can't do the work because there are plenty of people who have gone through it and still end up dumb as a rock.

At some point you have to realize that not every single person is special and should be treated equally. Some people are different and they should not be allowed to drag everyone else down with them.

And the sooner we all come to that conclusion, the sooner the world might be able to function.

So beat up dumb people. Does that include the mentally disabled ?

There are studies, but they have only ever found correlations and not real evidence.

They have noticed that if a woman has multiple boys, the chances for that boy to turn out gay goes up dramatically.

People have wanted funding to look into this more, but politics almost always holds up the funding.

Why do people always jump to the mentally disabled? Grow a pair and stop jumping to straw man arguments.

To answer your question, no. Mentally disabled people are usually not even a part of main stream society. They can't help or hurt humanity's progress. They just don't even count.

Straw man or not. I just can't ration that you want to use physical force or financial penalties for people not accepting an opinion.

1 Like

ITS NOT A GOD DAMN OPINION.

THE. WATER. LEVEL. HAS. RISEN.

The water level has physically moved from point A to point B. I am not asking people to go prey to ronald mcdonald, I am asking for people to agree on actual irrefutable proof.

If you can't agree that the water level has moved, or that the earth is round, or that dinosaurs and humans did not live together at the same time, the fuck you. You get a stupid tax.

I think I clarified i am not questioning the currently established climate change information. I was, as i pointed out several times referring to your single post where you incite violence or financial penalty as a solution for those who do not accept the current established information in whatever field that might be.

I don't think there is a point in a civilised society where you hit someone over the head with a rock because they don't share your facts as meaningful. After all if we "progress" that way the only people left will be the rock throwers .. hardly ideal.

Right, but the idiots are the ones who are breeding. So if the rock throwers aren't the ones who are left, the idiots are the ones who will populate the earth.

It would be one thing if idiots were harmless. But they seem to have a real knack for rising to positions of authority and really mucking up the whole world.

Seems that the rock throwers have a knack of doing that also. Just like this forum, the idea is to trade knowledge and listen to the opposite side once in a while, even if you know your right how can you understand the position they are coming from when your not ready to level with what the other side has to say.