I just bought a bluetooth headset and I'm not sure that was a good idea...and they crash my pc when pairing

For my computer. I play video games, watch movies, listen to music, and listen to myself play with a midi keyboard. I use my motherboards onboard realtek 897 for sound.

What I ordered...

I thought they looked cool and comfy and weren't unreasonably expensive. I ordered a travel case to go with em since they fold up. I went wireless Bluetooth just to get rid of the cables. I've forgotten many times that im wearing headphones and just stand up and rip the cable...or I just run the cable over with my chair. I used to have some 150ish dollar Triton headset that came with an external amp but ran cable over with the chair one to many times. I use my ps3 webcam as my mic currently. My friends say they can hear background noise when we play (tv in the living room or people in the house talking) so I thought having a "non-desk" mic would be better. I uploaded a profile pic of my setup.

I watched some tek syndicate youtube videos i found googling and thats what brought me to the forum.

What do you think? Money could've been better spent? Does wireless suck and I should just stop running over my cables?

=====================================================================================

Installed new $20 Knivo BT adapter w/ latest Broadcom driver from Broadcom's website...

1) Headphones off / PC idle
2) Press "multi-function" button once and blue indicator light begins to cycle for pairing.
3) R+ Bluetooth configuration window appears
4) Crash...windows collects data and displays some kind of IRQ error...automatic restart

1) Headphones off / PC off
2) Start headphone pairing timer by pressing "MF" button once and blue indicator light cycles.
3) Turn on PC and boot to Win 10
4) No problems, connected fine
5) Turn off headphone by holding "MF" button 4s till purple indicator light cycles.
6) Start headphone pairing by pressing "MF" button once and blue indicator light cycles
7) R+ Bluetooth config window begins to appear
8) Crash

Update 01/21/16
There are no problems if I clear the Bluetooth device pairing history (with the PC or with the headphones) and then do a (now) new pairing...any future attempt to pair again will crash. Only work around I've found without starting the pairing cycle before booting windows.

Blutooth audio in general is pretty crap especially from unknown companies....

I find you have to spend a fair bit to get something decent Never heard of bluedio...

$99 seems quite a lot...

1 Like

I actually have a pair of these, they are good no doubt about it, but i have tried a lot of stuff to get it to work with my pc, they dont work on my home pc at all in my experience. They worked when i used them on a laptop when i worked at Volvo Cars but for my home pc i havent made them work, might be the bluetooth dongle i use but i've stopped trying and instead i only use it for my phone. They do however have line in so you can plug them in to the pc but they still require power.

If you have any questions about them i've used them quite heavily for about a year and a half.

Just to sum up

Pros
Good audio quality
Loud
Long lasting battery (Its insane) i got like 35 hours of play at the loudest volume
Although quite heavy, they are comfortable
Works well with ps3, phones and in some cases laptops

Cons
Build quality is pure shit, so be careful with them
Mic quality is really, really, really bad
Difficult to make work on pc
Could use more padding on the headband

I dislike bluetooth for the main reason that the quality just isn't the same as a good pair of wired headphones and the battery. Can't stand when the battery runs out and I have to wait for it to charge.

Installed new $20 Knivo BT adapter w/ latest Broadcom driver from Broadcom's website...

1) Headphones off / PC idle

2) Press "multi-function" button once and blue indicator light begins to cycle for pairing.

3) R+ Bluetooth configuration window appears

4) Crash...windows collects data and displays some kind of IRQ error...automatic restart

1) PC off
2) Start headphone pairing timer by pressing "MF" button once and blue indicator light cycles.
3) Turn on PC and boot to Win 10
4) No problems, connected fine
5) Turn off headphone by holding "MF" button 4s till purple indicator light cycles.
6) Start headphone pairing by pressing "MF" button once and blue indicator light cycles
7) R+ Bluetooth config window begins to appear
8) Crash

Update 01/21/16
There are no problems if I clear the Bluetooth device pairing history (with the PC or with the headphones) and then do a (now) new pairing...any future attempt to pair again will crash. Only work around I've found without starting the pairing cycle before booting windows.

Thanks for the reply zubre

This isn't going to effect your mic sound isolation. People are going to hear you tube what you should have done was gotten a actual omni directional mic with a sound dampener. Excuse the typos. its late I am tired

Ok I will do some research on that, thanks. If you have time throw some product links down.