I have faulty 8700K?

Hello. I have a pc:

8700K ( 4700MHZ is on auto by motherboard )

2x8GB DDR4 GSKILL 3000MHZ XMP ON

Corsair 750i

SSD Crucial 525GB MX300

HDD TOSHIBA 500GB

Asus Z370 Pro Gaming bios 0215

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. The newest build 16299.309

Yesterday i was in work all day. Pc was on ,idling. Left in background was only steam + desktop.

Today searching in event logs i met WHEA-LOGGER 19 entry.

Here are screens:

I havent seen any affects that might be caused from this like BSODS or freezing. All stable. Intel diagnostic tool passing. Memtest86 no errors. IHC memtest no errors. Either way should i be concerned of that error or its false positive?

Event viewer always has errors and warnings. Nothing special. If everything’s stable otherwise then it should be fine.

What would this error message approximately translate to in English?

whea logger 19 cache hierarchy error

Event 19, WHEA-Logger.a connected hardware error has occurred

I can see it also says something about an APIC event on Core 0.
But It really doesn’t say enough to make a decision.

Most computers will thrown an error like this once in a while for some reason or another and are fine. Often it comes down to a driver or operating system behavior problem.

But I think your CPU is probably fine.

If the CPU was faulty, your machine wouldn’t pass POST.

1 Like

Hello. Somebody said this to me and i am really worried.

“your overclock is not stable. you need to up the core voltage a little or try turning up the load line calibration (LLC) so the cpu does not have such a high vdrop when it goes under sudden load. its not a good idea to ignore these errors. try turning the load line calibration up first then see if you get anymore errors.”

don’t be worried just reset the commuter its OK

Wouldn’t a benchmark/stress test reveal if the CPU is unstable?

if you’re worried run 30-60 minutes of prime95 at 4,7Ghz, and check wether or not the threads live through the test.
If not clock down to 4.6Ghz, 4.5 and so on.
If They do rejoice and enjoy 4.7Ghz.
Your overclock doesn’t even exceed the CPU’s built turbo boost so unless you removed the cooler, or is running with the stock cooler, you “should” be golden.
And a faulty CPU should not be giving “warnings”, it would be down right kernel panics, and BSODs left and right, IF you’d even be able to post.
If anything id try a memtest86, but if that passes id just say meh ,!, you m$ l2program, and get on with my life, and enjoy my 4.7Ghz, since it is just warnings,
not downright execptions, and errors, and you can read about this shat all the way back to 2012 and proberly before on Toms-hardware where M$'s innovative
WHEA was giving warnings on intel cpu’s.
Here’s my system running M$. this is just a a screenshot taken today.
And i can easily play 4k games, surf the webz, and never bother with the M$ logging error machine.

This is un overclocked, except RAM clocked 1 step up, on a AMD system.

Yes and no.

Some applications can make the system appear stable while others will trigger faults and errors. I thought my RAM was stable at 3066MHz until I played Witcher 3 and hard locked in about five minutes. Back to 2933MHz (at the time) I went.

Lauritzen hello really appreciate it for help. Also this my warnings happened being system on idle.

Its entries from 21.01.2018( used was 16299.15 build october 2017 ,before meltdown/spectre patch ):

And entry from 16.03.2018:

Its something wrong or just ignore that events? Like i said it happened both when pc was idling or gaming :slight_smile: And it happened only in 21 january and 16 march. Other days no warnings. Weird heh.