I hate Counter Strike

I've been playing CS since 1998. Played them all so I'll give a little input..

CS has a very dedicated community and the players are extremely competitive. If it was actually a 'corner peeking challenge' then the skill would be reaction time. You say you prefer COD when that game is probably the most notorious game for camping. The only time anyone would be standing still/camping in CS is if it was a terrorist protecting the planted bomb, which is perfectly reasonable. You can walk so they don't hear your footsteps. CS combines reaction time, aim (the hitboxes are small, particularly in GO), strategy, sneaking and so on. Most people who play CS have been playing as long as I have, so if you're new to it, you can pretty much bet your sweet patootie that you're going to get rocked. The only people who end up good are the ones who keep at it and learn the techniques. The ones who don't end up good are the ones who rush to a forum to complain about it.

@ TaC RoT : i get butthurt, when people declare their taste/opinion for universal, it's a principle thing, not a fanboy thing

i have no love for either cs1.6, csgo & all the others iterations, it's too demanding, you gotta learn the all the maps & that recoil thing, i lack both the skill & patience for that. But that doesn't makes it a bad game, it can't be a bad game if so many people love it.

read the comment from Pistol, especially the last sentence, i think that sums it up pretty well

Well... not sure what exactly you're into but there are so many great games that simply do not map well to consoles and are PC exlusive.

Examples - Starcraft 2, the Total War series, Civilization.

There's also lost of oldies(Half life, Deus Ex, just about every classic DnD title, pretty much all of GoG.com, WoW of course).

And a whole host of other I can't think of right now.

Also - MODDING.

Well... i think thats a fairly generalized statement that everyone coming in to complain because they suck..So that last part of his post was probably the only part i disagreed with.

If my connection wasn't shit and i actually still owned the game i mite ask for a game

But I was pro at the time of 1.5-6 dominating online and internet cafes (not saying i was the best but i could play competitiively at the highest level) eventually i got bored and stopped playing for various reasons.. I am not saying its a bad game but it sure doesn't give me the satisfaction i used to get out of it 

GUYS LISTEN practice makes perfect and the more you practice the more you will come to enjoy it. Valve makes it, trust me, if valve makes it its good.

With your logic, I'm supposed to interpret meaning solely from connotation.  This is essentially asking me to interpret your comment solely from your inflection.  All I ask is that is that you not expect people to get what you mean or where your coming from when you ostracize a group of people.

I have to admit, I really dislike CS:GO. The weapon models look like horse turds, and the overall gameplay experience is unsatisfying. But CS 1.6, CS:S... Those games are great! Just takes a "little" bit of practice.

Since you have such a bad memory: 

" I don't understand why people hype this game so much, I'm used to games like Quake and COD were you have to be on the move and if you stand still your dead. This game is a challenge of who can peak 1 pixel around a corner the best. Having more than 1 game mode is useless since it's all just a corner peaking challenge."

Never said this was the end all be all consensus for everyone, just my personal thoughts. 

"Words are used as expressions for ideas, and should be taken as such, people look to much into the word itself, and not the fucking message. Obviously by "PURTY FUCKIN GAY" I meant : It is not very fun for me, and they style of play required for it is bad. BUT guess that was not implied to all the people reading since you can't get past the words themself." 

Gay is just a word. I don't mean it as a  offensive slur. Get over yourself. 

Same reason while I'm willing to trade anyone CS GO for 1.6 , also does 1.6 still have a good player base ? : Steam name : sawyerthebest

But the gameplay is basically the same... Switching from CSS I noticed only a few things that seemed overall different, but the general CS-style gameplay hasn't changed.

Oh well.. not everyone will feel the same I guess. At least you aren't sounding like the 1.6 Elitests.

I do want to try 1.6 and CSS online, because they could be drastically different. But I don't want to waste more money on bull shit corner masters.

sawyer you are literally too stupid to insult

Well I'm just an average CSS gamer (gun game is my favorite mod). With that said, I've only played CS:GO for about 2-3 hours, and I know that I'll have to re-learn how to play/shoot/aim the guns to get more efficient. The knifing is different too, but that is also something that I'd need to work on. I have hundreds of hours on CSS and only a few on CS:GO, so I'm not going to bash CS:GO at this point, but because I'm pretty familiar with CSS, I would favor it over the 2 games. CSS is about the same as CS:GO, but CSS has gone through several iteration changes over the years and each change has required some re-learning of the changes. I'm not 100% sure that going to CSS or CS 1.6 is going to change your idea of what CSS or CS 1.6 is, but that would be up to you. You will get owned for a period of time and that can be really frustrating. I get owned all of the time, but the quick respawn on Gun Game Deathmatch servers, allow me time for quick retalliations (even if I die several times doing it). There are so many Mods on CSS (I'm sure CS 1.6 does too, but I don't own it) that there will be somewhere or some type of Mod that you could enjoy. I'm sure CS:GO will have more Mods down the road that you might find, so I wouldn't rule out having a good time with CS:GO. Sorry for the long rant, but that is how I feel about the differences at this point.

Can't stand this game at all...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oioAxQO_no

wow at that spraying / not knowing spread paterns.

also, the player base of 1.6 is a lot better than the average player in cs:go. just a warning. you will most likely get DESTROYED

The only drastic differences between CSGO and 1.6 is the community is far more unforgiving of newbes for doing bad, the movement speed a tad slower, and wall-banging is more likely.

If you think you're going to have easier time in 1.6. Doubtful.

That's kind of sad. The BOTs in CSGO are exetremely easy even when set to their hardest.

CS:GO is fucking awful, play CS:S instead. It takes time to learn how to play so just have fun in the mean time.

Why?

I would suggest to you counter strike condition zero. For me it has the same, as what CS 1.6 doesn't have graphicwise. But you need to shoot more bullets into your enemy so, yeah. I like it. It fits for me. Haven't played CS:GO though.