I got fubar

Yeah we’ve pretty much established that it was OP’s fault for not reading the manual.

Put it on a rocket and launch it into space then call me for UV sunscreen

Mh didn’t see that then, still interested though :smiley:

I’ve been using UV reactive dye since day 1.

Never had any issues other than the UV reactivity wearing out over time which… meh. Temps are still amazing. Nothing to do with the UV reactivity specifically. Just saying I haven’t had any issues from UV reactive dye in my coolant.

Apologize for the necro, but I was relaying this to a friend and saw the comment and couldn’t help myself.

1 Like

Still less than a month old, I say its still relevant. Glad to hear some good experiences though, is there any special maintenance you must do?

1 Like

Nothing so far. I’m planning on draining and refilling the loop the next time I have a 3 day weekend.

Looks like Jay had problems with Primochill and metal reactive variance too:

2 Likes

Perhaps it’s simply a bad idea to have non-liquid particles in an extreme amount, in your liquid cooling loop.

4 Likes

Gee for real? I had no idea!

3 Likes

I love how he tries blaming it on metal variance.

While that might be a factor, to me it makes more sense that “you have solid particles in a liquid flowing through tiny channels.”

They’re gonna build up on surfaces, anywhere they can. That’s the only thing that makes sense to me.

But hell, I’m not a chemist or physicist so… who knows.

I see those cooling fins kind of like a filter. Now what exactly would a filter catch with a liquid flowing through it?

2 Likes

For once you speak sense.

1 Like

Your agreement with me means more than you know.

It just… makes no sense to put a solid particle in a liquid, then to put that liquid through tiny spaces that might as well resemble a filter.

One particle catches on an imperfection in the surface, more particles catch on that particle…etc.

At least that’s how I think about it.

4 Likes

How 2 give your computer a literal heart attack.

3 Likes

He does have a few systems running that liquid perfectly fine though, so the “filter” aspect probably isn’t the only thing.

Also the particles are small enough to go through the fins, but yes they could catch impurities in a block and clog it that way.

Every single block in existence, or that will ever exist, will have those imperfections.

To my knowledge, humanity is not capable of creating a perfectly friction-less surface.

Full disclosure: I hate these fluids. I hated pastel fluids. I think they look fucking retarded. Especially the pastel fluids. Why not just paint your fucking tubes a solid color and run straight up distilled water with biocide and anti-corrosion additives, which is basically the safest bet for a cooling loop AFAIK.

4 Likes

O.K. …
sure.
call out the chill get the boot

Well, he did do a sponsored video on pre-builds so I lost trust in him there. He’s on the edge of me labelling him as another Youtuber that is full of themselves. I’ve already written off Linus and Dimitry for doing the Vacuum thing just to get more money.

I’m actually more bothered by Linus’ insane quantity of Intel sponsored videos lately than a vacuum spot.

The vacuum is annoying but not related to their objectivity.

“Care packages” full of Xeons and teens of workstations for their editing needs don’t make feel very warm and fuzzy though.

I gave up on Jay a while ago though. He’s very much a hothead and he seems unable to take criticism at all, much less to heart to make himself and his content better.

A little on topic: I’m still just using distilled water with a little XSPC additive and quite happy with it. In fact I’m thinking of replacing the clear tubing with solid black.

Good job :^)

You know honestly I’m just a little hurt