I got fubar

Oh lol
Get a load of this
Hang on

Water be all like do You Even Flow?
you know what
I think that is a solid candidate for the tech cringe thread

3 Likes

Hmm seems like your temps would have been creeping up for a while, until the smurf jizz precipitated.

Who is to blame here? What gave you the idea to use smurf spinal fluid in your loop? Did you see it on YouTube, or at a trade show or something?

1 Like

Two things I found on their site:

Continuous circulating VUE 24/7 will breakdown Vue quickly causing loss in effect as well as possible build up in the system.

and

PrimoChill is not responsible for any hardware damage. Use at your own risk.

So, yeah, definitely got boned. As @anon54210716 said, this stuff seems to be for show systems and not actual computers. That’s what’s wrong with this world. Form over function. When I make my water cooled system(s) this year it’s going to be straight up distilled water.

3 Likes

haha, they should have said “Not for actual use”. Can you make a loop with intermittent flow? Maybe Alternating flow? Team Tesla?

yeah I upon looking at that
When. before dealing with the RMA Department
that it specifically says

don’t use for more than 8 hours a day

I literally only had this bullshit in my system for about 4 or 5 weeks and after the first month I had already called the RMA Department because the fluid head completely disassociated

so this is how hard this shit sticks

Yeah, this is really a bummer. I don’t really know if alcohol would clean that shit out or not, but I know it won’t damage the metal, so it couldn’t hurt. Just go down to the walmart and grab a few bottles of the 70% stuff and run that through the rads a few times. Should be pretty cheap. Really shake them up. Also get a plastic or nylon bristle brush from the kitchen area for cleaning the fins out on the blocks. Or a toothbrush like you said in the video.

After all that you’d probably be best off to assemble the loop separate and run water through it a few times.

Toothbrush and mildly painful hot water later

Give it a good soak in hot water for 5 minutes, and scrub it when it gets cool enough to handle.

1 Like

LeSigh
Invoking luck.
The 2 middle screws on ether sode wont sink nice and flush, after re seating and even rearanging a corner screw, all are the same size
Gunna have to jist roll with it.
Finglongers crossed

…
Well, last thing to take apart and clean… would be my mcp655 pump
Lets git on dat

Ok, 1 smurf bukake filming later,

Pretty fucking cool design honestly it’s all done magnetically through that housing so no gears to grind down and wear out over time

Wish me luck motherfuckers

Really hope you’re going to at least let ONLY THE PUMP run for 48 hours to leak test that.

I’d give it that much, as a minimum.

Due to the positioning of my radiators in tubes it’s making it rather hard to fill this Loop the pump doesn’t want to actually pump

Sounds like it’s dead. Probably from all the smurf cum.

Must be full of air. Given you have rads above the res like that. Can you unscrew them and put them lower until you get all the air out?

Nothing wants to flow

Pump is spinning

Must be an air lock somewhere. Probably not possible to move it around, roll it over in all directions? It can help get the air out of some places, which can stop the water flowing.

If you can see tubes with no water in them, good place to start.