I don't have a clue what I'm doing 680 OC

Hey yall, I built my pc a couple months ago and I want to overclock my graphics card (http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4309#ov) and I don't have a clue what im doing. I have MSI Afterburner and Im trying to get OC Guru 2 working. The cooling in the case and on the card cand handle alot of heat.

Thanks,

Warren

if you don't know what your doing then don't play with the voltage.

Other than that change only your core clock

Disclaimer: ONLY CHANGE ONE SLIDER AT A TIME

ps: MSI afterburner is my fav oc utility it's simple.

Thanks, do you have and hard numbers?

I don't have a GTX 680, but from what I heard, it doesn't OC very much past it's stock voltage, I'm sure there are good GTX 680 OC guides out there.

My fav OC utilities are MSI Afterburner + MSI Kombuster.

Happy overclocking.

try a max of 100 mhz oc..

if your computer crashes it's too high or you don't have enough voltage. with most cards voltage doesn't matter and what i mean by that is that you won't fry your card. i set my card to max voltage and nothing happened i didn't fry it i didn't get better clock speeds. nothing happened

Thanks

I have 2 EVGA GTX 680+ 4GB in SLI and they are overclocked to over 1200Mhz core clock, 3400 Memory clock, 1.175v

my 680 classified is at 1228 core, not sure how the power is on that card, but it might not be able to go as high as a custom card like the classified with a ton of extra power capability

I got my EVGA GTX 680's to 1215Mhz core clock although I do have an extra 6-pin power plugged into my motherboard (MSI Z77 Mpower) for more stability. My power target is at 120%

I have that same cord and motherboard, do i need to plug it in?

figured it was optional

You are right. The 6-pin plug on the motherboard is optional but it will increase stability with your GPU overclocks and it should give the GPU more power from the PSU. If you have an extra 6-pin plug and your PSU can deliver the extra 75watts then I would use it.