I don't get minecraft. Am i Alone?

Game isn't about graphics. It really isn't that bad, with shaders and stuff, it looks pretty good. and the blockieness helps with the OCPD that i probably dont have.

Than you must not be a 90's kid. Don't remember VGA graphics and early 3D?

Welcome to 90's gaming. Boy those graphics sure are good!

4 Likes

Haha, nice.
@anarekist Apply aloe to affected area.

80's kid actually. arguably those graphics you posted are better than minecraft so..

Have you even played minecraft? totally wrong there. we gave really good pics of minecraft, compare those to the 90's graphics.
Can you, with a straight face tell me that minecraft has worse graphics even with mods?

I didn't even reply to you. Go argue with that other guy.

1 Like

I have a name.

it's all subjective dude. chill.

they're just giant cubes with nice textures on top..

better graphics

wonder why kids love that game?

people who love minecraft are just people with infantile levels of entertainability .

1 Like

Don't insult a game because it doesn't have "good enough" graphics.
What about this:

Ass hat. dont insult people because you are too stuck up to play a game with "Sub par graphics." Get that stick out of your ass.
I enjoy the game because i have a fully operational imagination. and a working brain.

2 Likes

then by all means enjoy your souped up wooden building blocks that are not real and are inside a computer screen.

and about insulting the game... what are you, the creator? do you feel the need to defend the game cause you need to defend the hours upon hours you've wasted in the game playing with your imagination?

Not you in particular. @anarekist just likes to argue with everyone, so by saying "that other guy" he has to check a list of about 300 people to figure out who he actually needs to argue with.

I wasted nothing. I grew my ability to create and build. I became better, whether it is real or not.

I enjoyed the things i built and the experience i had. i did what i wanted, i made something no one else did. i created beautiful buildings and amazing houses. I created. I was the god of my own world. i did everything you never will

He seems to argue because he feels the need to be different.
He really is a Regular Forum Jerk.
Not special, not extraordinary, just a little kid Begging for attention.
Note to everyone else: This is what you get if you piss me off.
I defend what i love.
Oh and i take no offence, i misunderstood what you meant.

1 Like

we've gone full cringe-fest

I wasted nothing. I grew my ability to create and build.

I was the god of my own world.

2 Likes

I think @SoulFallen has summed up why I like it. I don't play it regularly. But when I look at my wallet and realize I don't have the $20 to buy a 20-piece Lego set (why are legos so expensive!?!) I just log into Minecraft "creative mode" - no online bullshit, none of the dumb adventure mode or whatever. No mods, just the vanilla game, and I just....build stuff.
Then, when I am done, I pretend a giant T-rex is trampling through my creations
"ROOOOOARRRRR!" smash
I'm an adult.

2 Likes

Sometimes you just want to build a giant golden dick fountain that shoots cats or destroy someone's flaming swastika.

Sandboxes are fun.

2 Likes

how is this cringe worthy? it's creativity.

1 Like

I have found that I tend to over-complicate things that I "think" people would like. It puts me at ease knowing that, if I wanted, I could develop something so simple, and it could potentially sell millions of copies worldwide! I don't understand how people could tolerate the graphics, but the revenue generated from it is certainly respectable.

I have never played it, I have thought I might like to give it a look but I see the complexity of crafting and nope...

Kinda sucks, it promotes creativity yes, but not so much on the hand eye coordination or critical thinking other kinds of games teach kids, also the kid around here just sits around watching let's plays of it most of the time, going to suck for him when he grows up as he isn't learning anything useful from all the time watching youtube videos, even tried to bribe him to watch bill nye

Also Terraria>Minecraft